How to burn mp3 files to a CD that will play in my stereo?

Using applications, configuring, problems
ranprieur

How to burn mp3 files to a CD that will play in my stereo?

#1 Post by ranprieur »

What I need to do is burn mp3 files onto a CD that will play in a normal stereo. I've done this before with Puppy by putting them all in one directory, using the Soxgui audio format converter to turn them to wav files, and then burning them with Gcombust.

This time I decided to try Graveman, which (I'm not sure) may be able to burn mp3's on the fly. Well, after installing Graveman and the cdrdao utilities, and rebooting, it turns out Graveman doesn't work on my machine (a Dell Latitude C610). It runs for about a second and crashes while detecting the drive.

No problem -- I went to plan B, started Soxgui... and the audio format converter is GONE. I'm using puppy 2.17, and I haven't tried Soxgui yet in this version, so I don't know if the format converter has been removed, or if it somehow got disabled when I added Graveman and cdrdao. So I uninstalled them, and still no format converter.

My questions are:
1) What happened to the Soxgui format converter?? Can I get it back?
2) If not, is there any other easy way to convert a bunch of mp3 files to wav files, or to burn them to a CD that will play in a normal stereo?

Update: Just did some more research and answered my own question. I needed to install PawdioConverter to make the format converter work:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 07&t=15363
...not sure why it worked before without installing that!

And it would still be nice if Puppy came with a CD writer with on-the-fly format conversion.

john biles

#2 Post by john biles »

Hello ranprieur,
TEENpup 2.0.0 comes with K3B burner and I just drag and drop my MP3's to be burnt and hit the burn button, K3B converts them and pops out a CD ready to go.

I created TEENpup to still enjoy that Puppy feeling with more Apps. So Maybe try a copy if you haven't and see for yourself.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Bruce B

#3 Post by Bruce B »

I've not tried Grafburn. I don't see it in your list of apps you've tried either, but it's supposed to be able to make music cds.

dalderton

#4 Post by dalderton »

I convert CD to MP3 with PBcdripper and burn them as a Data CD with Wish CD cd writer.This is on 2.17.1 I could not burn MP3 to disk as an audio CD. Regards Dennis Alderton