Netgear wifi pcmcia ma401 & 2.17

jonyo

Netgear wifi pcmcia ma401 & 2.17

#1 Post by jonyo »

Net wiz loads orinoco_cs, scan works & finds my network but use this profile doesn't seem to work, or the double tv wifi interface icon doesn't show up on the bottom right of the screen as it usually does. Auto dhcp doesn't catch. Try to open rutilt "can't get interface info Code 16"?

Ibm 380 ed lap p150 80 megs a ram, 160 swap partition, wake floppy.

jonyo

#2 Post by jonyo »

Tried out a whole bunch of variants ~ 5 - 6 & no luck with the net wizs. Interesting that some variants auto load the orinoco_cs driver on boot & show a eth0 interface & other vers don't load it. when I try to load it manually, get an invalid driver response. :? Guess the same driver may be a bit diff, in diff vers of pup.

A search of ma401 gets ~17 hits & some have got it to work. One person reported success only when plugging in the card after booting up. I use wep 64 hex managed settings with a channel selection.

Just ran across this thread that talks of the same driver & updates that i'll try out. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 2709#92709

EDIT- Uh oh..is this part correct? "EDIT Aug 27 2007: The Orinoco drivers DO NOT SUPPORT WEP encryption."

If so, anyone know of a 16 bit pcmcia card that supports wep?