New website for Foxpup and Icepup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Todd

New website for Foxpup and Icepup

#1 Post by Todd »

In an effort to organize my projects, both Foxpup and Icepup can be accessed through http://www.toddrichardson.com/.

Sincerely,

Todd Richardson

darrelljon

#2 Post by darrelljon »

A couple of derivatives I've been curious about. What is their unique purpose? More info on your objectives for these would be welcome.

Todd

#3 Post by Todd »

The purpose behind both Foxpup and Icepup is size and reliability. I do a lot of word processing and have found Abiword to be unacceptable. I write a lot in both Spanish and English which takes OpenOffice.org out of the picture (as if it's size and reliance on Java hadn't already removed it). I have come to trust SoftMaker. I can take either one of my distros, add SoftMaker and the CUPS module found in the Icepup section, and I have everything I need. As far as I am concerned, they are the same distribution. You just decide which browser you want.

Todd

t5710usr

#4 Post by t5710usr »

I wonder if one couldn't consider Icepup and Foxpup simply a puplet inet kiosk(?).

I have added the latest Java, Flash. And Firefox has since updated to 2.0.0.9 within my Foxpup.

Sylpheed rounds out the email, XMMS for some music while browsing and xpaint for screen capture as well as leafpad for text editing.

And that is pretty much it, and all I do with Foxpup. Works nicely for net surfing, auctions, etc.

Size was minimal (until I added JRE), but, even still I am only running this on a 256K CF 8)

eccentric

ice pup & foxpup

#5 Post by eccentric »

Hello Todd,
Downloaded both O.K., but without PPPoE i like many others can not access the internet, can you suggest a way we can reinstall PPPoE.

Thanks for the pups Michael.

Todd

#6 Post by Todd »

. . .can you suggest a way we can reinstall PPPoE. . .
You can install any of Barry's standard packages using the installation manager. However, to be perfectly honest, I don't know much about PPPoE, so am not of much help.
I wonder if one couldn't consider Icepup and Foxpup simply a puplet inet kiosk(?).
I think an internet kiosk is a good description of Ice and Foxpup.

Todd

zgp152

Wireless with Foxpup

#7 Post by zgp152 »

Hi,

Planning to install Foxpup.
Pls tell whether the package supports wireless.
My receiver is A-Link and it has worked with a couple of other Puppy packages. Manufacturer tells that the suitable driver is RT73.

Rgds Timo