QneXt Instant Messenger

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
goncal

segmentation fault

#16 Post by goncal »

well... now the xwin system just shut down giving me a segmentation fault message... will keep trying...

cheers gon

RMW

#17 Post by RMW »

MU wrote:Be sure to read Rarsas Postings.
They are very detailed:
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=12042#12042

You must extract the driver, use this command after downloading it:
cd /root
tar -xzvf spca5xx.tar.gz

Mark
eh, I've followed all the directions. The directories don't exist, and when I correct them it still won't modprobe spca5xx. Oh well.

goncal who forgot 2 sgnin

go ahead with spca5xx... but on Mercury

#18 Post by goncal who forgot 2 sgnin »

rmw

I followed the instructions and all was ok, I would suggest for you to go through them again as they are detailed but the procedure itself is rather complicated.

Having said that, Qnext still hangs my computer. I would recommend Mercury which does work. In order to have Mercury up and running you need to modprobe spca5xx anyway.

cheers gon

RMW

#19 Post by RMW »

I've followed the directions for spca5xx to the letter, numerous times.

First, there is no directory /lib/modules/2.4.29/kernels/drivers/usb. Maybe there was before, but there isn't one in 1.0.6.

The closest directory in that tree is /lib/modules/2.4.29/usb.

I've typed depmode -ae into the terminal window, I get command not found.

I can modprobe videodev, but modprobe spca5xx gives me "Can't locate module spca5xx".

Sorry, but I've followed the instructions to the letter and under no circumstances will it find spca5xx.

goncal

My very humble script

#20 Post by goncal »

Here is a bash script I wrote with the instructions I got which we were talking about. This is what I use to load the modules. It does work but before modprob'ing it is copying the files to a directory which must be temporary as this needs to be done every time the system is started up.

I am a novice so to run the script I am typing bash /root/startvideocam as I have the file in the /root/ directory.

Hope this helps.

I am zipping it because the forum will only allow to upload a zip file, not a file without an extension. It will work without the extension just by typing bash /.../startvideocam

Cheers, Gon
Attachments
startvideocam.zip
Script which needs to be run as bash /.../startvideocam where ... is the directory it resides in.
(235 Bytes) Downloaded 311 times