Mobile Internet Puppy(for mobile internet users)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Atle

Mobile Internet Puppy(for mobile internet users)

#1 Post by Atle »

Hi all good folks out there... Its time for more experimenting.

This remaster is based on - lupusuper4 (kernel from pemasu's upup raring) and its inteded for mobile internet users to SAVE MONEY. So this is my way of tweaking Firefox to a "near text only" browser experience. [ur=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=99025l]Bitmeter OS[/url] will make sure you keep track of the exact amount of data being used.

As we all know we got free resources on a machine if a USB mobile internet device is used for connection, so we try to make something out of your wlan so that you can share files, others can log on to your computer and upload files.

There is Wlanmaker, xampp and Joomla All brand new. and all PHP7.

Your mobile internet connection should be able to feed data into joomla, such as lets say the weather, and those logged on to your AP/PC, can enjoy whatever you feed trough your Joomla, but they can not use your internet. So for some people this COULD be of interest.

I used some of my not so great Joomla skills to provide som up and download interface that at least sometimes works and there are one "uploader" for images that takes the images instant and present them in a gallery and a list for downloads.There is another upload function that is supposed to handle larger files and i did test with up to 600mb and it worked and that will end up in another list for download.

So clients can log on to your PC using Wifi and up and download files. Meanwhile, you yourself surf as cheap as it gets.

FAILED:

Install Squid for even using less data
making bitmeter OS survive the remastering for some reason
Installing and getting Routermaker to work(wrong kernel)

To get the webserver to work you need to start it manually using the desktop icon. Same goes for stopping it.

To use Wlanmaker, turn off your wifi connection and firewall first, and then use the desktop icon to start and stop the service.

To access your joomla you need to enter the adress: http://localhost/joomla and /administrator on top of that to adminstrate it.

Probably there are other issues as well.

Feedback is very welcome....

DOWNLOAD (577MB :shock: )