eee keyboard

Booting, installing, newbie
mongoose

eee keyboard

#1 Post by mongoose »

Hi everyone,

I have puppeee running as a full install from my EeePc's SSD. I'm very pleased with it, I have over 1GB of free space even after installing all the software I want, as compared to about 30MB under Xubuntu.

My one and only gripe is that the keyboard seems to be stuck on us layout. I have set it to uk using the configure tool, during the boot sequence it claims to be loading "uk layout", but still my keys come out us style (no pound sign, @ and " reversed)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

richardchau

kezboard stuck on us

#2 Post by richardchau »

I am using pupeee to send this.This is truly an awesome OS , makes the default system pathetic. Like mongoose, I changed my keyboard to german and zou can see from mz typing that it is still on us. The wireless connect was painless. I have had a lot of trouble connect with the Xandos. Maybe ASUS should really consider pupeee as the OS of choice!
RC

mongoose

#3 Post by mongoose »

glad to hear I'm not the only one, it's a frustrating niggle on an otherwise dangerously close to perfect distro!

richardchau

#4 Post by richardchau »

New developments - I edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and manually changed the keyboard layout to "de". Rebooted and I now have a German keyboard. The downside is that I have lost the default desktop.
How do I get a few frequently used icons back onto the new desktop?
rc