myPup-A web 2.0 based puplet

News, happenings
DavidBell

#46 Post by DavidBell »

I haven't really looked at them yet, but www.zoho.com seems to have some nice webapps, about a dozen of them from word processor, spreadsheet, database through to planner, chat & mail.

It might only be the word processor at this time but they have a feature that might be unique where you can keep editing the 25 most recent documents while offline. Very handy when you are out of range or have to disconnect for some reason. Ironically it does this through Google 'Gears' that hasn't yet been implemented in Google Apps.

I'm sort of interested in webapps but am cautious for a couple of reasons, first is as more sites fire up I can foresee a dogs breakfast where people have to try and reconcile/combine data and documents held on multiple sites, second obviously is when we get dependent on them suddenly the ads and charges will appear.

HTH DB

patrick78

free online tv channels, music, news, sport, movies

#47 Post by patrick78 »

http://live-tv-channels.com/ is a live tv portal, very simple to use, well organised, alot of features, one can upload movies, watch tv, very easy.

Rhino

#48 Post by Rhino »

Seeing this thread bumped back up here reminds me that I need to get back to work on a new myPup :-/ It seems as though the folks at gOS have a very similar idea, but based it on Ubuntu so it is much larger. I wonder if the Everex computers from Wal-Mart would work even faster with a Puppy-based distro rather than gOS.
Visit the Puppy Linux Video Tutorials @ http://rhinoweb.us

earlytv

#49 Post by earlytv »

Rhino

I got the ISO, made a cd and run it as pfix=ram. The hard drive of this system has puppy 2.17 and when I saw your mypup I had to try it.

Only problem so far is it dont see any of the 6 USB memory sticks, but 2.17 on the hard drive sees them all????
What am I doing wrong???? USB is very important to me because I would like to put this on a system where all is USB, keyboard, mouse, floppy, ect.

Like the forum says, its like gOS linux but way smaller.
I like the radio stations and audio section. The TV section says to be added?
Retired from GM, a Etech on engine electronics
Like to play with older computers and TVs

DENNIS

prit1

#50 Post by prit1 »

@earlytv: I had the same problems with My pup 2.16. This is one of the versions I loved when I started. And this is where I got the idea of wbar for Macpup from. Maybe there is an easy fix for the USB drives not being seen.