Pizzapup 3.0.1 Network Setup

Please post any bugs you have found
djringjr

Pizzapup 3.0.1 Network Setup

#1 Post by djringjr »

Hello all,

I just tried Pizzapup 3.0.1 - when I run network-setup.sh from command line it fails to find ethernet drivers.

The connect icon likewise fails to find my ethernet card which is a RealTek RTL-8139 using the 8139.too driver.

When I do the CLI command, it says that 8139.too isn't found. But many of the other drivers aren't found either.

I verified the download iso with md5sum and then I verified the burn with md5sum /dev/cdrom command. Both md5sums matched the posted md5sum on the download site.

What dumb thing am I doing wrong?

Best

David

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

I don't know why the network wizard doesn't find it. It is over a year old now, so it's probably been fixed since then. Anyways, when you tried modprobing it, you didn't type 8139.too did you? There shouldn't be a . in it. Try modprobe 8139too instead.

I just checked, and Pizzapup does include that module.

One potential source for problems is if you have a zdrv_301.sfs file from Puppy 3.01 on your harddrive. If so Pizzapup would probably try using that one rather than it's own. This is an issue because Pizzapup is based off Puppy 2.14, which used a different kernel. If this is the problem, you could probably solve it by moving the Puppy 3.01 install into a subdirectory, but be sure to modify your menu.lst file to supply the psubdir=<path> option.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

djringjr

#3 Post by djringjr »

Hi pizzasgood, I didn't even think of that Yes, I caught the "." too problem - I type too fast and the brain does not engage sometimes.

The problem was that I had the zdrv_301.sfs on a hard drive.

I'm surprised that the puppy pfix=ram switch doesn't stop pizzapup from looking at the hard drives.

Thanks,

DR