Ok,
quien se atreve a hacer un logon o bienvenida
o quien me puede enviar las partes necesarias para un tema ICEWM
asi les envio una porpuesta a quien lo requiera

gracias ainged por ofrecerse a las traducciones
asi dan mas ganas de trabajar
my rough translation of what rastapax means could be like:

This is an open proposal to anybody interested:
Is somebody willing to do a logon or welcome screen for puppy (splash screen?), or who can point out what is needed to create an IceWM theme?

Thank you to inged for the translations,
Now I'm really eager to do more work!

From a rastapax PM:
la idea es ir simplificandolo.... no por que sea pequeño
no deba tener calidad grafica...debe mejorar la comunicacion para su interfaz tener su identidad
Translation:
The idea is to simplify... because it is a light distro doesn't mean it has to sacrifice the graphical interface... Puppy should deliver better its image, its own identity.

My 2 cents,

The splash screen (or maybe the default wallpaper) could be something similar to the rastapax image on http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=19591&start=120
The one with the yellow/white theme would fit nicely for a citrus-like theme. In case rastapax means a splash screen, I guess Pizzasgood mentioned he was working in something like that sometime ago. Well that is what I can remember from the top of my head at this time.

I guess WhoDo will know where to point out for creating a new theme with a new set of icons. The one published by rastapax here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=19591&start=240 sounds to me like a good minimalist-retro-like theme idea.

Español:

Mis 2 centavos,

La pantalla de bienvenida (tal vez el papel tapiz por defecto) podría ser algo similar a la imagen de rastapax en http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=19591&start=120
Aquella con el fondo amarillo/blanco quedaría muy bien para un tema similar al citrus. En el caso que rastapax se refiera a la pantalla de bienvenida, creo que Pizzasgood mencionó que el estaba trabajando en algo similar hace algún tiempo. Bueno, eso es lo que me viene a la cabeza ahora mismo.

Creoq que WhoDo puede indicar lo necesario para crear un tema-visual nuevo con un set nuevo de iconos. El que rastapax publicó acá http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=19591&start=240 me suena bien para una buena idea de tema retro-minimalista.

inged

#272 Post by inged »

klu9, I guess I can use a bit of your help here. From a rastapax PM I got the sense for what he wants on his page12design.cl/puppy. He is creating a personal website for collecting ideas on what the Puppy graphical interface should look (at least wallpaper and desktop icons, I guess). He lost the original text, but he was kind enough to re-phrase what he means.

from rastapax
No basta con tener una grandes agencias y ni una plataforma tecnológica ultimo modelo
es mas simple...
es tener un poco de ingenio y sentido comun, para darse cuenta de las proyecciones de puppylinux y empezar a buscar las soluciones
en este sitio voy a mostrar mi trabajo para mejorar la interfaz del usuario y lograr hacerla mas intuitiva
cualquier ayuda y cometario es bienvenido
para que en un futuro llegue a cualquier tipo de usuario que a fin de cuenta sea accesible para todos que ... sea simple

llegar a todos... eso abre las expectativas

from klu9
Puppy Linux
Smaller but now simpler
Puppy Linux microsite
It's not enough to have a great design and a strong technology platform, it is more than that. It's also about having some ingenuity; like Puppy Linux, which gives great solutions in a single system. But I feel that its interface could be better streamlined for the inexperienced user.

... "That may open even more expectations" ...
Taking the klu9 suggestion, I made a few modifications, but still I don't feel is like it should be. Still English is not my mother tongue.

my twisted transliteration
Puppy Linux
Light
but now simpler to use

Puppy Linux microsite
It's not enough to have a great design and a strong technology platform, it is more than that. It's also about having some ingenuity; like Puppy Linux, which gives great solutions in a small size.

I am working on improving the look and feel of Puppy Linux. My purpose is to make it more intuitive. My work will be showcased here. Puppy should be accessible to everybody even to the inexperienced user, because Puppy should be, just ... simple.

Reaching everyone... That may open even more expectations

Suggestions and comments are more than welcome.

Pizzasgood

#273 Post by Pizzasgood »

In case rastapax means a splash screen, I guess Pizzasgood mentioned he was working in something like that sometime ago. Well that is what I can remember from the top of my head at this time.
Pebble
That would be a splash during the boot. Additionally, you can put another splash before the boot. Right now, Puppy uses that time for displaying the list of boot options. In Puppy 1.x.x, we had a graphical screen there instead. Many distros (including the Puppy derivative pcPuppyOS) use a graphical screen that pauses for you to type options and has a brief text message as part of the image saying "press [F2] for more options", and then a screen more like what Puppy has now that appears when you press [F2]. Also, though Puppy doesn't currently do this, that same feature can be used for USB installs.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=26169
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

inged

#274 Post by inged »

Thanks Pizzasgood for the clarification, the only I knew was that you were working on something. Personally, I don't prefer the splash when booting. I want to see if everything looks right. But I'm sure there is a lot of people who would like to see something like the other distros and OS. To me that is a way to hide the slow booting, I can bear the 35 seconds when booting 3.01 on my laptop. 8)

Well, who knows if in the future some rastapax design is chosen for a boot splash. :o

Pizzasgood

#275 Post by Pizzasgood »

I prefer seeing the text too. My long term goal is to have it split-screen.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

rastapax

rastapax

#276 Post by rastapax »

jajja
this is a good game
something like the animal skin
ironic macos

greetings

www.12design.cl/puppy
Attachments
puppywallowl.jpg
skin
(187.11 KiB) Downloaded 1976 times

inged

#277 Post by inged »

rastapax, that's a good looking design!. I just found that member asf did a nice new design: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=28748

Good Work!

Jaybekay

#278 Post by Jaybekay »

rastapax - Awesome job on that logo, I think it is perfect. You have a lot of talent. I'm using it everywhere on my Puppy like on my wallpaper.

Feverfew

Testing 1, 2, 3 . . .

#279 Post by Feverfew »

By the way rastapax. Good job with the tilt face icon it's now the de facto standard 8).

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 539#196539

rastapax

rastapax

#280 Post by rastapax »

greetings and state lost some time but here goes again something
and had little time
but I always try to raise something
:D :D
good jobs icons
but
while less better

****menos es mas******
Attachments
test2.jpg
(126.07 KiB) Downloaded 1705 times
test.jpg
(134.5 KiB) Downloaded 1586 times

inged

#281 Post by inged »

I like that minimalist style rastapax!

That is the KISS (Keep It Sweet & Simple) style I love, like Puppy

good work

Jaybekay

#282 Post by Jaybekay »

Has anyone done this before?
Somebody with Photoshop or Gimp skills could do a lot better job!

Tigerâ„¢

#283 Post by Tigerâ„¢ »

I think we should just keep the original Logo, Its simple and easy to remember..

mysticmarks

logo no go

#284 Post by mysticmarks »

Too many neat ideas. I thought a paw worked on many levels. carried a that hint of gnome footprint, yet original. I think that a paw print in a simple 3d mud splat would be neat.

Have the logo transition with alpha blending to super impose over any color background. use a ripple effect but have it look as though a dog took a step in some colorful paints or muds. (and heck, maybe have an animated one run while booting.)

It would make you want to stick your finger in the paw print to feel it. I bet it would be the first thing anyone seeing puppy for the first time would do. :wink:
As for the latest simple rastapax style logos. I think it would be an excellent booting backdrop as well. Even more so than an animmated one. A simple color friendly little puppy face as soon as pup_ro2 mounts and the system is coming on line. It would be great because of the little requirements to display, it would show on even the oldest colorless monitor junker if you had to.

the squares are nice but the order of the words linux and puppy should read correctly. puppy linux, not linux puppy.

If this was the logo, a cool effect might be to have the logo backdraoped with semi transparent words in every thinkable language saying "puppy".

trapster

#285 Post by trapster »

@ Jaybekay

Love it!!!!
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

puppyluvr

#286 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello

Thought Id throw one in too..
It it alpha blended for transparency over a background.
Its sort of the "Puppy World"...LOL

puppyluvr

#287 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
What, did I kill this thread?????????

01micko

#288 Post by 01micko »

puppyluvr wrote::D Hello,
What, did I kill this thread?????????
Nope
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

ecomoney

#289 Post by ecomoney »

For those (unlike me) that are gifted with artistic talent....

We need a good theme for Puppy 5 "Woof"! Suggestions are invited here
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#290 Post by Lobster »

Once upon a time (and this is a true story)
We had as a logo a Puppy image taken with a flash.
The Puppy had 'red eye' and looked a little strange - I labeled him 'devil Pup'
As more users came to Puppy we were able to upgrade
Finally arriving at the rastapix images.

As we began to plan and prepare for the 5.x series of Puppy (without Barry)
I envisaged it as a way of celebrating
the diversity of contributing possibilities.
So I called it kennel.
One of our talented graphic artists provided
a great logo - I had difficulty inserting graphics on the wiki page
(the button to add a graphic is not working)
http://puppylinux.org/wiki/development/ ... y-5-kennel

To everyones delight Barry has stepped in [hooray] from semi- retirement
with a clear vision and direction using his Woof build system.
Barry and other developers began to call
Puppy 5 'Woof'
Woof used to be just a component of Kennel
(used like unleashed to build Puppy)

Barry knows what Woof is (Puppy 5)
and the developers know what it means

Puppy 5 is now WOOF

So the wiki page is in transition - somewhere between the former name and Woof.

Around about Beta stage (when I would expect it) more will be known about 5.x, as
Barry will provide a page on his website, help
and intro on his Beta ISO etc

Thanks to jebaJQ8 who created the lost :cry: logo

Now we have woof
Any better logo than my effort welcome . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D