Welcome to puppy screen (dillo) centralised

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
ecomoney

Welcome to puppy screen (dillo) centralised

#1 Post by ecomoney »

I like the fact that when puppy linux is booted, a welcome message is displayed in dillo. Its great for people booting it for the first time.

However, when your booting it all of the time, the dillo screen covers the "drives" and the "connect" icons on the screen, usually the first things that we go for when booting puppy. I know its a minor niggle...
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#2 Post by Béèm »

hmm, from the second time on I boot Puppy, I don't have that welcome screen in Dillo anymore. Puzzled.
Last edited by Béèm on Mon 18 Jun 2007, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

ecomoney

#3 Post by ecomoney »

I know, i boot puppy for the first time on a lot of computers :-) Wish I hadnt mentioned it!
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

klhrevolutionist

#4 Post by klhrevolutionist »

it adds an unneeded process & mem usage for older pc's. It might be better to add a (menu entry: About) and when the user clicks it it opens up the page..

My opinion of course....
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

Gekko

#5 Post by Gekko »

Even better: an Xdialog that says "Welcome to Puppy Linux $version. Click the button if you would like to see more about your new favourite OS!" with a button that links to the dillo.

sunburnt

#6 Post by sunburnt »

I'll go with Gekko's suggestion, it's a damn good one...