Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 18 Apr 2014, 15:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Audio
Please what sound card do I install for Puppy?
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
ChiJoan

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun 2007, 16:06    Post subject:  Please what sound card do I install for Puppy?
Subject description: I'm giving a Puppy PC to someone, but the sound card wasn't dedected in Barbie...

Hello Puppy Lovers,

As much as I like the help to get what sound card you have installed to work, another help would be to give us a "guaranteed" hardware-to-work out-of-the-box section. I have a stack of sound cards to try, and would love to have the number of trials and errors cut down.

Thanks guys and gals for all your clever work with Puppy. I may have opened another tech's eyes with RudyPuppy. He was trying to restore on a laptop he got for his dad when he thought the BIOS was passworded. I remembered I had just given him RudyPuppy and though I never ran that Recovery option from it before., I talked him through it somewhat, and whatever it saw there was enough to allow the Restore work.

Thanks again,
Joan
Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun 2007, 17:55    Post subject:  

The cheapest sound card I could find works great in Puppy. It is a PPA inc. 4-channel PCI card that cost $13 at Fry's Electronics. But Puppy has been able make noise with all the computers I've tried it on. One is an old Compaq 1244 laptop. The others are desktops, three of which have onboard sound, and one has the cheap sound card.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Audio
Jump to: