screen flicker and blackout in lupu 501

Please post any bugs you have found
jaddison

screen flicker and blackout in lupu 501

#1 Post by jaddison »

I'm running a vanilla frugal install of lupu501 on an MSI wind with 1gb of memory. In both the 5.00 and 5.01 release I've had the problem of seemingly random blackouts of the screen. When it happens I can exit to the commandline with ctrl-alt-bckspce, but even after re-running xorgwizard can't get my desktop back. Same black screen.

I've also noticed an intermittent screen flicker. Don't know if they're connected....

elpablo75

#2 Post by elpablo75 »

Me too, I'm having the same problem. I've set the screensaver not active but it doesn't work. I've also set the delay 9999, but it's the same, the screensaver start, and there is no way to go back to the desktop.

jaddison

#3 Post by jaddison »

Good to know I'm not the only one. Have you tried Xvesa? I haven't done that yet.... I've been playing with Quirky, which doesn't have this screen issue.

What kind of equipment are you using?

dsleaf67

#4 Post by dsleaf67 »

I'm having this issue too and its the only reason I haven't done full install.

I'm running it off usb 2gb. Installed firefox and java.
My Hardware is an old Aspireone AOA110.
It has 1Gig RAM and 8GB SSD with Intel Mobile Graphics 945

I really hope I can resolve this because I have tried alot of distros to find something to make this aspire one usable. So far this seems to be the closest yet. My main requirements are Microsoft shares and working java for pogo (my wife really only uses that) at least those are whats given me the most headache in linux.

jaddison

#5 Post by jaddison »

I've been playing with Quirky, and it hasn't had this issue. I haven't seen this addressed anywhere else, so this may (unfortunately) be one of those idiosyncratic things...

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about computers to even begin to suggest any possible causes....