3.0 beta -wireless profile not loading on startup

Booting, installing, newbie
Robb

3.0 beta -wireless profile not loading on startup

#1 Post by Robb »

Ok, I have zero programming skills but I've been trying to figure out why Puppy doesn't seem to load an existing wireless profile during bootup. (If I run the wizard and manually select the correct profile everything works just fine.) The correct driver is picked up during bootup and if I scan I can see my access point so that much at least is ok, but the wireless profile must still be manually loaded to connect.

The heart of my question is this: exactly when in rc.network is the profile information in eth1wireless read? Additionally, is it being read at the correct time?

I can't quite figure it out owing to my lack of programming skills, but if the profile information exists on disk and the correct driver is being loaded, then the eth1wireless information either isn't being read or isn't read at the right time.

any thoughts?

Robb

Solution

#2 Post by Robb »

Ok, I found this elsewhere on these forums - many thanks to someone who's name I can't remember in a post I can't find...

Copied the complete contents of Wlan0wireless and Wlan0mode (in that order) to rc.local.

To automatically connect to a WEP encrypted network: rebooted, checked using iwconfig and viola! Wireless is already connected.

Using it now :-)