C compiler error in Grafpup 2.0

Using applications, configuring, problems
fernan

C compiler error in Grafpup 2.0

#1 Post by fernan »

Running (as root) Grafpup 2.0 opera from live CD.
I'm trying to install VIGRA 1.5.0 , in order to install lprof, and I get the following message:
sh-3.00# ./configure
configuring VIGRA 1.5.0
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
I've downloaded usr_devx.sfs and file is located in the same location as my grf_save.2fs file.

Do I need to rename it? Do I need a new version for grafpup 2, or just another "dev" package?

Thanks in advance.

Fernan.-
BTW : Wich console text editor is packaged in Grafpup? I've tried typing "vi", E3, nano, and nothing happens....

Gn2

#2 Post by Gn2 »

gnuoldld
Never used Grafpup - but if "LD" means the compiler's library linker:

The pre - or compiler is missing some pre-defined library dependencies
Did you check the log file as it suggested ?

Nathan F

#3 Post by Nathan F »

OK, if the file you downloaded is indeed "usr_devx.sfs" then the problem is that you got the wrong file. The correct file is now "devx_005.sfs", replacing the "005" with whatever version number corresponds to the release you are using. I started the alphas for 2.0 out with 001 as their version numbers and the current beta is 005. The numbers will jump to 200 when the final is released.

I know documentation is sketchy and not very reliable at the present, but the situation is being worked on. Mike Sumner is redoing a lot of the internal docs, and I have created this page to explain information for developers, which is a good read even if you just want to compile things for your own usage.

The big difference between usr_devx and devx_005 is that usr_devx was designed to be unioned on /usr rather than on / - but there are other differences as well. For instance almost none of the headers will match up.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

fernan

#4 Post by fernan »

Thank's :)

I will try with devx_005.

Fernan