Puppy wont boot

Please post any bugs you have found
FreshPrincelolz

Puppy wont boot

#1 Post by FreshPrincelolz »

its quite heart breaking as i spent days setting it up correctly just to my specs like. its puppy 2.15 and if anyone else has encountered this problem in other versions or the same version of puppy and knows say to what tutorial i could be pointed or could give me some advice i would be most grateful =]

this is a problem i have encountered alot, i am if necessary i might want to download a new version (2.16) so dont fret if u cant help!..thanks anyway folks

oh and i still love puppt, because once uve got it going and have sorted out the few problems like screen blanking, installing firefox flash and java..oh and DIVX =] then its perhaps THE most powerful distro ever.

oh one last question - well two - in many distros like simplymepis, debian, unbuntu, pclinuxos etc theres a facility for receiving updates to fundamental software and files..say to correct bugs...is there a similar thing in puppy? its something thats bothered me because i didnt wanna be left behind hehe

anyway ill list my needs

puppy wont boot, it just says trying to get IP address from DHCP server (60 sec timeout) - can i resolve this?

and secondly would it be worth updating to 2.16 and what are the reports on its capabilities, is it just a lil update to 2.15...would i get the above problem in using it

and finally is there an updater like apt-get synaptic in it, or is there just PETget?

im sorry its not very concise but im rather hungover...i intend never to go out again though haha

chris

PaulBx1

#2 Post by PaulBx1 »

What wireless driver are you using? What wireless chipset is it? If you run the pupscan utility (Menu>System>Pupscan) and print the results here, it should tell us.