PMusic 0.3.3 Playlist Issues

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
brianh

PMusic 0.3.3 Playlist Issues

#1 Post by brianh »

I'm generally pleased with PMusic 0.3.3, but it sometimes stops following the current playlist and jumps back to the first track, and the Shuffle option sometimes picks the same track again within a few minutes. Anyone thoughts?
Brian

trapster

#2 Post by trapster »

Try the most recent version.
Pmusic 0.8.1
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

brianh

The playlist issue should be fixed in 0.8.1-

Shuffle in Pmusic is equal to random, - and will not prevent a song from being played again if the random algorithm finds song twice.

Sigmund

brianh

PMusic 0.8.1

#4 Post by brianh »

I've now installed PMusic 0.8.1, but the playlist still behaves oddly. If I select a track somewhere in the middle, it plays that track and maybe the next few, but soon jumps either to the first track or the last track of the whole list. Also when I open a saved playlist it takes ages to import it - what can it be doing I wonder?
Brian

brianh

Tried Xine-ui 0.99.5; now trying Xfmedia 0.9.2

#5 Post by brianh »

PMusic 0.8.1 also sometimes jumps to the next track part way through.
Tried Xine-ui 0.99.5 but it crashes after briefly showing the splash screen and a fancy looking media player graphic screen.
Xfmedia 0.9.2 looks promising – I can drag/drop a directory onto its playlist window and it very quickly analyses and displays all the tracks in its subdirectories. Double clicking a playlist entry plays the list from there. So far so good!
Brian

brianh

Xfmedia 0.9.2 Playlists

#6 Post by brianh »

Only trouble is Xfmedia includes in the playlist all the Album Art files then tries to play them which stops the playback! At least it can open PMusic playlists so I can create them with PMusic and play them with Xfmedia. Why is nothing ever simple?
Brian

brianh

XMMS 1.2.11

#7 Post by brianh »

I've now moved to XMMS 1.2.11 which seems to have what I need.
Brian

brianh

XMMS 1.2.11 Misses Beginning of Track?

#8 Post by brianh »

My only issue now is that XMMS often doesn't play the very beginning of each track in a playlist. If I drag the bar back to the start of the track it plays OK, but not when it moves to the track automatically. Has anyone else experienced this?
Brian

brianh

Gnome Mplayer Silent Crash

#9 Post by brianh »

I've now moved to a Dell Inspiron 4100 as my old CPi died. GNOME MPlayer 1.0.3 plays back without stutter but quite often crashes silent after playing a few tracks of a playlists. Has anyone else found this and is it related to the size of the playlist?
Brian