ChurchPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
LOF

#211 Post by LOF »

http://janitorofgod.com/puppylinux/

Still up for me. Haven't tried downloading anything though.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]
:D

KF6SNJ

#212 Post by KF6SNJ »

Must have been a network error on my end. It worked today. I am going to completely wipe and reinstall Puppy 3.00 today after I finish my report on Moses' brother Aaron for my OT class. Thanks for checking that link for me. I will install some of those files again after I fix my system.

PrairieDog

#213 Post by PrairieDog »

KF6SNJ wrote:Must have been a network error on my end
Not necessarily, It's an extremely cheap web host. 3 dollars a month, I should find something better If I want to share Puppy files with you all,

Just to update everyone, LOF and I have been playing email tag assembling a pre-alpha of Churchpup. I plan on getting the iso file to him this week for a look see and after a little polishing we can share the resulting alpha with everyone.

I suppose now would be a good time to find better web space..... :D

Watch and Pray

Mark

KF6SNJ

#214 Post by KF6SNJ »

Mark, I am interested in seeing where this is going. However, my big project for tonight is to do a wipe and reload of puppy. I tried the gslapt.pet package and now opera no longer works for me. Whatever. I hope everyone had a good day at church today.

Subito Piano

#215 Post by Subito Piano »

Hmm -- the school website has a 500 GB monthly transfer rate which we barely touch. Perhaps we could put a church pup download page there? The drawback is having our school name in the website, but the benefit is that it's paid for. This is one way we can share resources among the body. Lemme know, i can ask our principal.

Oh yeah - our website is www.elmirachristianacademy.com if you wish to check it out.

PrairieDog

#216 Post by PrairieDog »

Subito Piano wrote:Perhaps we could put a church pup download page there?
I think that would be a great help! My bandwidth allotment is ok But no where near 500 GB. We'd appreciate it if you could make inquiries.

Mark

Subito Piano

#217 Post by Subito Piano »

I will TRY to get SOMEthing up this weekend. If i succeed, it might not be too pretty as it's the end of the first quarter and a busy weekend, but i can tweak it later. (Got to include that cute logo at any rate! 8) ) I'll post another reply here when it's up so you all can have a look and post your suggestions.

Subito Piano

ZERO COPY!

#218 Post by Subito Piano »

OK guys -- the bare outline of a ChurchPup download page can be found here. Now i need your help:

First - the janitorofGod website is not cooperating, so i have only been able to download the first dotpet on my server. All the other links simply point back to janitorofGod right now. Until i can somehow get those files, i'm helpless. I can post my email address if one of you (Mark?) wants to send them directly to me. (Hope my borrowing from your website is OK--lemme know if not and i will change it.)

Second - i'm sure there are more dotpets or whatever that i can link to (or "host") on this page. Post some ideas here. I will link to the pages where these dotpets, xpi files, whatever, can be downloaded. I can also copy the files onto our server for direct downloading from this page, if appropriate. Also, i suppose i can upload wallpapers and themes that are "official ChurchPup" items (perhaps ONE download package with a dozen wallpapers in it?) -- but i don't see any point in linking to nice "Christian" wallpapers in general. Those are easy enough to find.

Third - should we stay ONLY with distinctly "Christian" and "family-friendly" items, or should the page link to ministry-related items like TuxCards, the Audacity dotpup (petget? what ARE they called nowadays?!?!?!), or whatever?

Fourth - there was a lot of talk of XBible, ESword w/ WINE, etc. If they are Puppy-ready, send the link or dotpet!

Lastly -- i'm no expert. Advice is appreciated. I am just a little nervous, not just regarding copyright infringement, but about breaking protocols and offending someone. Let me know of any faux pas on my part...!!!

LATER when we are moderately satisfied this looks good, we can start linking to it and posting on the Puppy WIKIs or whatever. Not yet PLEASE!!

Blessings--

PrairieDog

Re: ZERO COPY!

#219 Post by PrairieDog »

Subito Piano wrote:the janitorofGod website is not cooperating
Sorry about the site everyone. It always has been a little unreliable, OK Very unreliable. Just now all the links worked for me except one and that file turned out to be missing :oops:

Subito, The site you put up looks Awesome! I mean that! Just what was needed.

If you like I'll try and email you as many pets as I can, some may be too large.You may want to try the site again later. I will find some better hosting this weekend I promise. LOF and I both downloaded a ChurchPup Pre-alpha iso a few days ago which was very large so service just seems to come and go.

There's just a few more details to work out before we post the first attempt. (among which are web hosting and Brother LOF finding some free time)

Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. just keep saying that..over.......and.......over.........

We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture,

Mark

Subito Piano

#220 Post by Subito Piano »

Great -- glad you like it. YOU started it!

Don't worry about getting new webhosting if it's only because of ChurchPup -- ECA's website has been up with Netfirms for what -- six years now. We aren't going anywhere else soon so let us handle the large file transfers.

Having said that, idk how big an attachment i can receive, but it looks like 20MB tops. My school address is thru RoadRunner and perhaps that can take a larger file? Another thought is that we could do something thru JumboDir or Box.net or something. I mean, if worse comes to absolute worst, we could resort to burning a CD and snail mail it...!!! :shock:

Subito Piano

Never mind!

#221 Post by Subito Piano »

Hmm - i wondered why i was up this late....now i know. I tried the jantiorofGod website again and managed to download all the dotpets there, i think. They are reposting to the school's server as i write this and should be done whilst i drift off to sleep. Do check up on me. Full day tomorrow what with car brakes and twin sisters' 40th! (Ahhh, youth.... :D )

LOF

#222 Post by LOF »

Thanks everyone, you guys are really doing some awesome work. If we get enough interest I will consider going all out with a website but for now if hosting with a couple of you guys is ok then that's what we'll do.

I guess my aim for this pup is to take it to the level where it can be seen as semi-indepedent (i.e. like Grafpup). But that's proably a long way down the line and will involve more people and more expertise.

For the greater good.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

Subito Piano

#223 Post by Subito Piano »

OK! It's up and ready on this end.

LOF

#224 Post by LOF »

Alpha released. - Announcement here.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

Subito Piano

#225 Post by Subito Piano »

Congrats, LOF!!! Blessings and thanks all 'round -- may the Lord see fit to use this little "nut" and turn it into a sturdy oak.

Say, this thread is getting really L-O-N-G !! Perhaps it's time to start a new one for the Alpha release?

BTW, i will be away for a few daze...lemme know ASAP if any changes are needed to the "home" page...

LOF

#226 Post by LOF »

PrairieDog's done an awesome job. Thanks must really go all to him.

As to the new thread. I'll start a new one in a moment.
Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

LOF

#227 Post by LOF »

Cheers,

[b]LOF[/b]

wantaprs

Bible software

#228 Post by wantaprs »

I'm a little late to the Forum but wanted to make a comment on bible software.
My friends and I have found e-sword very easy to use.
It has windows and a little known mac version but I am unsure whether
there is a Linux version.
You may have to install it under some type of virtual machine.
the url is listed below

Keep up the good work

Wantaprs

http://www.e-sword.net/

Subito Piano

#229 Post by Subito Piano »

Welcome wantaprs!! Your input is always welcome; however, as noted in the previous post, the forum has moved to http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=23355. You may wish to re-post there.

Yes, E-Sword does wok under wine, at least in Ubuntu CE. I've not tried it in Puppy but if you wish to boot up Puppy, add the wine dotpet and try e-Sword, let us know how it goes; at any rate, we can post it on the ChurchPup home page for others' use.

Blessings!

cretsiah

churchpup

#230 Post by cretsiah »

I am currently burning copies of this 2 send 2 some friends of mine.....think they will love it 2....... :D :D

I really like what you have done with this lol if you remaster it slighty you can carry this aound instead of the bible a cd weighs a lot less lol

thanx for the great work