Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
kdissert possible?
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
acaza

PostPosted: Fri 04 May 2007, 22:35    Post_subject:  kdissert possible?  

Would it be possible to create a reasonably sized kdissert dotpup? kdissert is the mind-mapping program that's part of KDE. http://freehackers.org/~tnagy/kdissert.html

As the "dissert(ation)" in the name suggests, it is ideal for writers of long, complex text documents. I've tried Freemind, but found it awkward when each item was a largish block of text. kdissert has the advantage of having a title for each entry, and then a separate field for long text. this lets me have a useful mindmap that also collects my paragraphs and ramblings. and it outputs all into a reasonably well formatted OO file.

can this be done?

thanks

vovchik

PostPosted: Sat 05 May 2007, 19:07    Post_subject: kdissert does run
Sub_title: kdissert

Dear acaza,

I got kdissert to run without problems on puppy 2.10. You need to install the kde libs first (there is a kde dotpup and an sfs), although you probably know that already. I used a precompiled binary from the dag fedora core repository and unpacked the libs to my kde lib locations and put the binary where I keep my kde executables. I hope that might work for you.

With kind regards,
vovchik
acaza

PostPosted: Sun 06 May 2007, 14:54    Post_subject:
Sub_title: point me to kdelib?

Sorry, but do you mind pointing me at the dotpup? I don't know where it is. I've found a lot of KDE related stuff, but mostly associated with creating the whole window manager, which I don't think is needed for just kdissert.

Thanks

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum