GTKLP 1.2.2 - GTK interface for CUPS

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
disciple

GTKLP 1.2.2 - GTK interface for CUPS

#1 Post by disciple »

Install with the button in Petget to install packages on your hard drive.
Made from the debian package - seems to work in Grafpup 104 and Puppy 2.14, so I don't think anyone should have problems.
Requires CUPS obviously.
Has GTKLP and GTKLPQ - printer management and print queue interfaces.
You can't install printers with it - still need to use the web interface.
Seems to be quite old, but if its in the Debian repositories, there must (might) be a reason - I had trouble with a newer package (not sure if it was Slackware or what - it was a long time ago).

Yes, I know the (XDG) menu entries are a bit odd, but I wanted them to be meaningful, and show up next to my CUPS web interface entry and not take up half the screen width.

It can print pdf's and all sorts - checkout the CUPS documentation or http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Printing for extra options (e.g. to print some pages in a file).
Attachments
gtklp-1.2.2.tar.gz
It will actually install now.
(185.07 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
Last edited by disciple on Thu 06 Sep 2007, 05:33, edited 3 times in total.

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Oops - sorry - I uploaded the wrong one. How come 31 people have downloaded it and nobody reported that it didn't install as an alien package except one person in a different thread that I luckily actually looked at again? :lol:
Surely you didn't all install it manually? I've replaced it with the right one now, and also converted the man pages to html.

vanchutr

#3 Post by vanchutr »

To disciple,
I 'd download this package and expaded in /tmp, then I copy tmp/usr/bin to /usr/bin. In console I use: #gtklp -> Now the gtklp runs.
Thank you
(There are many files in /tmp of the expanded package. But I did'nt copy all to /usr)

disciple

#4 Post by disciple »

Why didn't you just install it? The package manager can install locally downloaded .tar.gz files. You could even rename it as a .pet and it should install if you click on it. You'll probably want to copy gtklpq as well as gtklp - gtklpq is the print queue manager.