Pizzapup: Some questions

Booting, installing, newbie
eden6000

Pizzapup: Some questions

#1 Post by eden6000 »

Hi everybody, i'm using Pizzapup as the only os on my pc (i had my slim hd broken, doesn't turn on anymore, 80gb lost, all my mp3s gone.....), so i decided to migrate and have only this wonderful distro on the new hd. i've made a frugal install, luckily i saved my pza_save before, so i could find all my settings.....but, on to the questions, very schematic :-)
1. how to have an icon on the tray alerting if there are new mails? (without opening sylpheed); I know there has to be something in jvm that does this, but i don't know how to set it up;
2. i use amule for p2p sharing...maybe this has been already asked, how can i run it as a non-root user, since it alerts on startup that you are running as user and it's unsafe?
3. in windowz i used speefan to monitor cpu and hd temps, since my pc is fanless (a via epia6000), and it's important to monitor them, especially the one of the hd; is there a relatively simple way to do this in puppy? i mean, have a numeric icon on the tray showing the temps?
4. last one (for now......): opening images with qiv is very fast and efficient, but commands like next picture or next 5 pictures don't work..any ideas?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Eden6000, I know it seems more efficient to ask several questions in one post, but it is actually very inefficient use of the forum. Now this thread will combine the discussions of many topics, like a roomful of people talking at once about different things. :) That makes it a hassle for the people who are trying to answer your questions to follow their part of the discussion. It is ok to ask several questions in the forum - by asking each question in a separate post. :D

eden6000

#3 Post by eden6000 »

ok, sorry, you're right, I thought these were relatively "fast" questions, that's why I put them all together....I will open a new thread now for each.
thanks and sorry again.