what programs do you add to puppy linux

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
monkeymartin

what programs do you add to puppy linux

#1 Post by monkeymartin »

what programs do you add to puppy linux?

I am happy with most of the programs that come with puppy linux. The only program I add is firefox with all the plugins

My freeling is that the less programs I add the more stable puppy linux will be

raffy

the speed

#2 Post by raffy »

With Puppy being able to load entirely in RAM, its speed will be astounding. In this sense, adding more programs in a RAM-constrained machine could change Puppy's performance.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

ttuuxxx

Re: what programs do you add to puppy linux

#3 Post by ttuuxxx »

actually i think the question should also include what programs would you not like in puppy and have them removed,
i would like to have grub removed and replace with dilo the reason why is grub does not work well with new amd asus am2 motherboards, yes my pc is a overkill for puppy , but i like it, anyways everytime i try to use grub , i have to hold a key down for 10+ seconds before it shows up, and then it doubles most the time, then hold the backspace down for 10+ seconds to erase 1 or 2 of the over typed letters, sea monkey browser should never be insalled, its way outdated and not enough feature, firefox should always be installed, but they should fix the font size on the search bar, its always too small, nvu, gimpshop, open office should always be installed, get rid off all other text editors and graphic aps, well maybe ad inkscape lite also. Change gaim with pidgen, get rid of linneighborhood and replace it with something at other linux o's use, like what mint or Myah o's uses, they automatically find other windows based pc's on the network, also they find and configure the dsl network automatically, maybe install Nero Linux, and maybe Frostwire p2p. well hope that helps, oh ya more icewm themes, i have some start button replacements on my site that i made for the vistablack theme www.ttuuxxx.com in the future i'll have more. so keep cheaking :)