Pizzapup 3.0.1

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
seaside

Pizzapup 3.0.1

#1 Post by seaside »

Pizzapup 3.0 is such a fabulous collection of programs and implementation of puppy that I went around installing it on several friends pc's including my own. Great piece of work!

What amazed me most was the "multi-media" support right from installation - it played everything that was thrown it's way and in particular Firefox browser played streaming windows media files, both video and audio.

I decided to upgrade to the 2.14 version (3.0.1) because of Petget and the new network tools thinking this would be make everyone's meager complaints go away.

Unfortunately, in version 3.0.1, something was missing as windows streaming media no longer worked in the firefox browser and I tried to compare ver 3.0 to 3.0.1 and my feeble efforts could not find anything until I checked the 3.0.1 Firefox browser "about:plugins" and it showed only the single default plugin.

Version 3.0 Firefox "about:plugins" shows DivX, Quicktime,Realplayer, and my favorite Windows Media, as well as others.

Somehow, the plugins never made it to the new version (or perhaps didn't get installed)

Is there any way to get those plugins in version 3.0.1?

Thanks for all your great work,
John

(I like to listen to National Public Radio (NPR.org) which only plays windows and realplayer streams in the browser and is a good test)

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

I moved Firefox from /usr/local/share/firefox to /usr/local/firefox. The problem is that the mplayerplug-in is in a separate package and I forgot to go back and adjust it. So the plugins are there, but they're in the wrong place.

If you move them from /usr/local/share/firefox/plugins/ to /usr/local/firefox/plugins/, it should work again.

Also, since making that Pizzapup, I've realized that creating a directory /root/.mozilla/plugins/ and symlinking the Firefox plugins to it makes things more stable, especially with the Flash 9 plugin (not included in Pizzapup, as I didn't know how to fix it then). That might make the mplayerplug-in work a little better.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

seaside

#3 Post by seaside »

Pizzasgood wrote:
If you move them from /usr/local/share/firefox/plugins/ to /usr/local/firefox/plugins/, it should work again.

Worked like a charm - everything is installed and working very nicely.

Thanks,
John