ibiblio.org Linux distros server is down!

News, happenings
Pizzasgood

#16 Post by Pizzasgood »

I think if Barry edits his post, under the textarea there should be radio-buttons where he can set this thread to "Announcement". That will make it appear in ever section of the forum, at the top in it's own little area.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

BarryK
Puppy Master

#17 Post by BarryK »

About 36 hours before I can upload to ibiblio. I need broadband2 access for this, which my relative has, will be there tomorrow evening.

Note, ibiblio created a directory named 'puppy' but unfortunately it used to be 'puppylinux' so I've sent a message can they please change it.

keilor

Re: ibiblio.org Linux distros server is down!

#18 Post by keilor »

Scoticus wrote:Can I suggest that whenever things get back to normal that this information be posted to all the sections as it appears that others are only looking at one or two sections and have missed this announcement
Another suggestion is to move the Announcements forum to the top of the forum index on the main page. People are more likely to see it there.

And I note that ibiblio have renamed the folder as per Barry's request. I'm surprised that everything has to be reloaded. Don't they have backups?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#19 Post by BarryK »

I asked them about a backup, and was surprised when they responded that they don't have any backup at all, not for the distros section anyway.

sunburnt

#20 Post by sunburnt »

they don't have any backup at all
That's wacked! (as my daughter says), perhaps a new main Puppy repository?
One to bring it all together... Maybe funded with foundation money?
After all, it can't cost too much to host a setup these days with all the competition.

Gekko

#21 Post by Gekko »

BarryK, your sites are with servage aren't they? My site has been slow since about 2 days ago, and getting random MySQL errors.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#22 Post by BarryK »

Gekko, puppylinux.org is with Servage, all my other urls (puppyos.com, etc) are with Netfirms. I have had recent trouble with Netfirms, but it has got a bit better in the last day or so. The Puppy wiki is on Servage -- how is that performing?