Java 1.06 rev.17 SFS

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
futurnet

Java 1.06 rev.17 SFS

#1 Post by futurnet »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3jvmmzn2tlg

This is the latest java version just configurated to work in seamonkey.
I did a SFS version because is about 35Mb.
I tested it in puppy 4.31 and seamonkey 2.0

Dingo

java sfs sfs3 version

#2 Post by Dingo »

your sfs is in sfs4, I added a version in sfs3 format usable by older puppies
http://puppylover.netsons.org/dokupuppy/programs:java

Dear futurnet

thanks for your effort, however, next time you will make an sfs package, please, take in in mind puppy is different (ands better) than Ubuntu & company

Ubuntu shuts down older repositories
Ubuntu tries to port users to use even the last (even crappy build)
Ubuntu does not supports its same older versions
Ubuntu does not loves really its users

Puppy loves its users
Puppy supports even all its versions
packages are almost all usable by different puppy version

So, when you make a sfs 4 version, you must think to create also sfs3 for puppy using a kernel older than 2.6.28.xx otherwise we act as dumb ubuntian users
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

futurnet

#3 Post by futurnet »

Yes Dingo, you right, its my fault to forget about older puppy users, and i am agree with you about different philosophy from ubuntu world.

Dingo

#4 Post by Dingo »

Yes, only thing you needs to remember is that for Puppy Linux 3.xx series compatibility, sfs v3 built for Older puppies (3.xx-4.2.xx series) must be in 3.0 squashfs version

You can do what I can do: copy, from a working puppy linux 3.xx squashfs from /usr/bin/mksquashfs put whatever you want

start puppy linux 4.3.xx

rename your mksquashfs got from puppy linux 3.xx in mksquashfs3, then copy in /usr/sbin/ and overwritre current mksquashfs3 or, if you prefer, you can aver call mksquashfs3 with fill path, so, assuming you have a usb external drive inserted and mounted with mksquashfs3 you can type /mnt/path-to...mksquashfs3/...
dropbox 2GB free

futurnet

#5 Post by futurnet »

hmm.. Dingo, in puppy 4 into menu utility there is a program called SFSconvert and I used to it confert SFS3 in SFS4, but I know that is possible also convert from SFS4 to SFS3. I wrong?

Dingo

#6 Post by Dingo »

futurnet wrote:hmm.. Dingo, in puppy 4 into menu utility there is a program called SFSconvert and I used to it confert SFS3 in SFS4, but I know that is possible also convert from SFS4 to SFS3. I wrong?
I fear conversion is performed via mksquashfs3 included in puppy 4.3.1 producing sfs v. 3.1 (not 3.0) so they are not compatible with 3.xx series, you can try and then view properties of converted files; must be written version 3.0 to be compatible with older puppies

kernels newer than 2.6.21.7 (kernel of puppy linux 3.xx series) like 2.6.25.xx (puppy 4.2.xx series is based on) can read 3.0 squashfilesystem version, so, producing v . 3.0 is better than producing 3.1 version, because are compatible with 3.xx and 4.xx series, while 3.1 is only compatible with 4..2xx series

I'm very disappointed kernels higher than 2.6.29.xx does not have support for 3.xx squashfilesystem this costrains to make a double efforet in producing sfs packages

mksquashf3 included in puppy 3.01 attached
dropbox 2GB free