Thunderbird install filled the memory; menu and taskbar gone

Using applications, configuring, problems
lotech

Thunderbird install filled the memory; menu and taskbar gone

#1 Post by lotech »

I need some help on this, I just installed Thunderbird. It used up all the memory, but the installation completed without error. It doesn't ask me to delete the source, I reboot and I lost both the menu and the taskbar, 'fixmenus' done but still nothing on the desktop except the default icons, mouse click doesn't bring out the menu, I can click on the icon to run apps but the window border changed to red, as far as I know I still have 50M memory left now what should I do ?
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink:

lotech

#2 Post by lotech »

I reboot and the taskbar come back, but Thunderbird won't start, I remove it reboot and reinstall again, then the taskbar gone again, I 'fixmenus' and reboot the taskbar return, install TB again complete without errir but it didn't start, any one can help ?
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :wink:

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

Try freeing some space first? Sometimes it looks like stuff works when you run out, but often it doesn't.

Try running the Thunderbird executable from the commandline. That way we can see any errors.

Did you compile it or use a dotpup?

Also, just so you know, the web_215.sfs file I made will work just fine in 2.14. Just rename it to web_214.sfs, or make a symlink to share it with 2.15. Also, Firefox and Flash don't glitch in Puppy 2.14, just 2.15. Of course, it's a little hefty if all you want is Thunderbird. Just thought I'd mention it.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]