ativa USB wireless adapter

jonyo

#16 Post by jonyo »

Wlan showing up is good news. Try running Rutilt to get a wifi connection. What pup ver u usin?

menu>network>rutilt

Why did you leave the ssid blank? Not sure what you mean by you're runnin script?
dogeatery wrote: decided to modify the script again... for SSID I left it blank and tried running script again and it sort of worked; the wizard now shows wlan alongside eth0 but when I try to get a connection going it won't connect and I still don't have the connection icon in my system tray...

Nathan F

#17 Post by Nathan F »

Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier. I also have an Ativa wireless usb adaptor, and I do have it working just fine in Puppy. You have to use the Windows driver with Ndiswrapper as far as I know, anyway it's been working great for me that way. Basically you want to open the network wizard and choose "load driver", then navigate to where you have the driver at. The file you are looking for will be something like "ODWGU.INF". Even if the name is different you still want an inf file. The wizard should walk you through the rest. Once the ndiswrapper module is loaded it should show up as wlan0, or perhaps wlan1 if you have another wireless nic. Configuration will then be the same as for any other wireless card.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...