Qemu-Pizzapup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jasray

Qemu-Pizzapup

#1 Post by jasray »

Had a slight boot error code that stopped Qemu-Pizzapup from booting for one minute. I assumed it was my problem; a quick format and re-install this morning and no problems.

One obvious concern I had was where was I going to put all of my music? Or any other files I deemed necessary for my survival. Naturally, I can now access Gspace, but a better solution was uploading all my music to MediaMax. Awesome site because now, yes, right now, I am simply streaming my music as I surf on top of a running Windows system--not mine. As mentioned previously, Wi-Fi access is no problem running Qemu-Pizzapup. Rather interesting that my first download was Fort Minor's "Remember the Name." Check out the lyrics.

Rather than download numerous dotpups for office applications, I found Zoho or Google Apps a better solution. I can even use google chat when needed. The Tor/Privoxy bundle helps a lot--thanks again. Oh, FF updated today by itself, and I changed to small icons and the Noia Extreme theme.

Yes, Erik did respond to an e-mail, but his notes were rather incomprehensible; and there's a much easier way to deal with Qemu and run, well, any Linux .iso. The advantage to using Qemu rather than VirtualBox, which was how I was running .iso files, is that Qemu is portable. One site has a portable version of VirtualBox, but I couldn't figure out a way to save the machine and take it elsewhere.

Will be working with NimbleX in the following days, but Pizzapup w/ Qemu is definitely the solution for many problems. John Haller's PortableApps is definitely awesome, but one problem encountered at a public library was the ability to get Internet. The city IT guys have it set up to require a user to be a member of the Domain. Qemu did not have this problem. Don't ask me why--I must leave that to the experts. Actually, this has been nothing but a random event of synthetic thinking.

It's all there in the last post. Thanks to Mr. Murga and Mr. Kauler and the inventor of Pizzapup--they are an awesome triune.

jas.

bostonvaulter

#2 Post by bostonvaulter »

if you want to chat online through a browser, I would heavily recommend www.meebo.com

glad you're enjoying puppy. oh and the creator of Pizzapup is Pizzasgood

Jason
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/BostonVaulter/avatar/puppybar.png[/img]

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

Glad you like it. Image
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]