Does anybody have email virus-scanning in Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
disciple

Does anybody have email virus-scanning in Puppy?

#1 Post by disciple »

I was just wondering if anybody has done email virus scanning in Puppy.

I run Thunderbird on all our computers, in Windows and Puppy, with the same email account, and the mail stored on a Windows partition on the main computer, which is basically a dual-boot server/workstation set up so that it looks the same on the network whether it is in Windows or Puppy - so shortcuts on the other computers all work. (I haven't quite got the printer to work like this though)

Anyway, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to scan the email received when in Puppy just in case - not that anything has gone wrong so far :)

Avast seems to work great in Puppy, but has no mail scanning - neither does AVG for Linux. Surely someone out there has hacked something to scan their mail?

I'm just raving really - just thought I'd post in case someone has done this - I doubt many people would ever use it if you went and spent time to try and find a way of doing it.

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

If you want a virus scanner for Linux, F-Prot has a good one.

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

Yes, but it does not scan your incoming mail - I was just wondering if anybody had anything set up to do this in Puppy.

uncleholdout

#4 Post by uncleholdout »

avg free linux is a good one but dont know if it will run in pup.

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

Last time I looked AVG for linux didn't do mail scanning - it was going to be tricky to install - I'm not sure if anybody has done it yer.