Grafpup-2.xx fourth (and final) alpha

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Nathan F

#61 Post by Nathan F »

Yeah, I need to get burning permissions straightened out soon. This issue will probably also manifest with cdrdao.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#62 Post by plinej »

Did you see my other post? The package you posted seems to be just the same as the third pmount I posted with no added files.

Nathan F

#63 Post by Nathan F »

You're right, I uploaded the wrong file. Third times a charm?

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Nathan F

New pmount

#64 Post by Nathan F »

I found a couple errors in the code I wrote, some variables were mistyped. I fixed it but there is another problem now. None of my usb drives are showing up unless I run it as root. What's worse is that I'm getting zero feedback in the console about it. I checked around for some obvious things and I found if I run probepart as nonroot it returns "libcfdisk: unable to open /dev/sdf", which I do remember encountering once before. But then I just cheked permissions on the device files themselves and it turns out that /dev/sda* and /dev/sdb* were world readable, but sdc* through sdf* were not. Apparently I hadn't tested pmount thoroughly on this computer anyway.

So basically pmount is working again, and I'll upload the fixes in a few minutes time.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Nathan F

#65 Post by Nathan F »

OK, the fix is uploaded a few posts back now. It's been a productive day, but I'm going to call it quits now.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#66 Post by plinej »

4th times the charm. Works great now.

Nathan F

#67 Post by Nathan F »

Yes, many thanks to you and Dougal for all the enhancements, BTW. I'm really happy about it.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#68 Post by plinej »

I did forget to add a minor change to this last version that I did to one of the others that I had posted and that is to only include 1 digit after the decimal and remove the space before MB or GB and also remove the B so it's just M or G to match the other column. I can redo that tonight or tomorrow and send it your way.

Nathan F

#69 Post by Nathan F »

Sounds good. I'm creating a new test iso now with all the changes I made today (lots of them now) and doing a little more debugging along the way. I skipped a lot of that this time in favor of getting the new kernel sorted out, so it's a wonder it runs as well as it does at this point.

I just discovered a new bug actually, having to do with xmms crashing. I googled a bit and once again flac is the culprit, but there is a workaround that does the job. It wasn't present with flac-1.1.3, but reared it's ugly head after I downgraded back to 1.1.2. I may experiment with going to 1.1.4 for the next release, but right now I want to keep it where it's at.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#70 Post by plinej »

I'm using xmms with flac-1.1.4 and haven't encountered a problem yet. Here's the latest pmount. I notice Barry updated it again so I took his new code and added a little more. Zigbert requested bold text for the mount points so I added that to the grafpup version as well as the puppy version.
Attachments
grafpup-pmount-4.tar.gz
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

plinej

#71 Post by plinej »

I got a compiling error using your devx when I tried compiling emelfm2. Here's what it is:

linking binary 'emelfm2'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-t2-linux-gnu/3.4.4/../../../../i486-t2-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0

Is something missing?

plinej

#72 Post by plinej »

I got the same error trying to compile something else so I'd say something is missing.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#73 Post by GuestToo »

i think it's looking for the file libgtk-x11-2.0.so

my machine has libgtk-x11-2.0.so in /usr/lib

Nathan F

#74 Post by Nathan F »

I just tried it and got no error, with the latest emelfm2 source on a fresh install. Seems fishy, I wonder if there was a problem with my upload or your download, or something else wierd going on? I'll post an mdpsum in a minute to check.

Anyway, since I got it compiled I went ahead and created a package and uploaded it to the server here.

Here's the md5sum for devx:

Code: Select all

2d3ce0b7208d37bf68d7296eec419a30  devx_004.sfs
I did have a problem with transmission not wanting to build the gtk interface, but I assumed it had something to do with the configure script just not finding it so I edited a bit and it compiled fine. I'll check my hard drive install and see if there's anything gtk related that didn't make it into the squashfile.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#75 Post by plinej »

Guest Too, I have that library file as well in /usr/lib

Nathan, the md5sum matches just fine.

Nathan F

#76 Post by Nathan F »

Well the thing is that Guest Too is 100% correct about that being the error. But now we just have to figure out how in blazes you're getting it. That was the first thing I checked, was to make sure the library was present when devx was loaded. By all accounts I'm a bit stumped on this at present.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#77 Post by plinej »

Okay, I'll try messing around a bit later and reboot to see if it makes any difference.

plinej

#78 Post by plinej »

Here's what the deal is. The full name for that lib file is:

libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.1000.6

but libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 is symlinked to a non-existent library named libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.800.17

Not sure if that's something that I did (possibly from a package I installed) ?

Nathan F

#79 Post by Nathan F »

Either that or I left it in by mistake. I went through it again and will upload a revision later today. For now you can always replace the symlinks if you find this type of error.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

plinej

#80 Post by plinej »

Yeah, that's what I did. I found a bunch so far. The symlinks are wrong for all of these:

libgdk-x11-2.0.so
libatk-1.0.so
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so
libpangocairo-1.0.so
libpango-1.0.so
libpangoft2-1.0.so
libpangomm-1.4.so
libpangox-1.0.so
libpangoxft-1.0.so
libgtkmm-2.4.so
libgobject-2.0.so
libgmodule-2.0.so