XFileExplorer 1.19.2 (August 05, 2008)

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
plinej

#16 Post by plinej »

Thanks for that. It'll come in handy. It looks like maybe /usr/X11R7/lib/libXft.so.2 is the problem. Could you post the version you've got?

MU

#17 Post by MU »

/usr/X11R7/lib/libXft.so.2.1.2

And please type:
echo $LD_PRELOAD

This should be empty I think.
In older versions it was set for Gtk1 applications in /etc/profile.
Maybe Dingo has such an entry again?
Some apps would not work with that.

#this is for antialiased fonts in gtk1 apps...
#LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libgdkxft.so
#export LD_PRELOAD

Mark

plinej

#18 Post by plinej »

the command produced an empty result.

plinej

#19 Post by plinej »

The problem was I didn't have xft enabled in my build of libFOX. I was able to compile xfe-0.99 just fine but 1.00 & 1.04 wouldn't compile. I re-compiled libFOX-1.6.31 like this:

--prefix=/usr --build=i486-t2-linux-gnu --with-xft --enable-release --enable-cups --enable-shared --disable-static

Rezound still works fine using the newly compiled fox libs. I'll repackage libFOX and make a package for xfe-1.04 for Puppy 4. I'll post all that in my fox thread.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... e26178c326

MU

#20 Post by MU »

new PET:
version 1.19.2.
Includes languagefiles and iconthemes.
Also requires Libfox 1.6.x.

New: bugfixes, gradient buttons, and such a buttonbar as in Gtk filedialogs for quick navigation. More menu-icons for easier access to options.

Size: 1.3 MB.
http://dotpups.de/dotpups/File_Managers/xfe-1.19.2.pet
mirror:
http://puppyfiles.ca/dotpupsde/dotpups/ ... 1.19.2.pet

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

Eyes-Only

#21 Post by Eyes-Only »

WOW! Thanks Mark for keeping us updated like this! XFE is easily my favourite file manager hands down! I use ROX whenever I need to do something that's "quick n' fast". But when I have a real involved project, installing software, finding special libfiles, moving entire directories, etc., XFE comes to my rescue---even over such ones as Emelfm2, or Krusader! :shock: (I never thought anything would beat out Krusader, but over the past 3 or 4 months...)

Again Mark, thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication! Now not only do I have to upgrade my Puppy, but my Mandi, my Parsix, my... LOL!

mfg!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

koolie

#22 Post by koolie »

Installed on a virginal Puppy 4.00.

Got seg fault. :cry:

MU

#23 Post by MU »

[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

koolie

#24 Post by koolie »

That did it.

All good now.

Thanks Mark.

Eyes-Only

#25 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks Mark!!! WOW!! :shock: The difference between this XFE and my last version, 1.0.4, is "the difference between night and day" as they say in English. C'est vraiment incroyable mon ami!

I did find it rather sad though that they've seemed to have dropped support for the accompanying programmes of "xfewriter", "xfileviewer", and the like? I say this because when I opened up these programmes I got a notice saying, "Unable to locate most menu icons...", see?

Now, to let you know Mark: I didn't install this from the .pet file. I stuck with my own conventional install (/usr/bin instead of /usr/local/bin etc.) and I fixed your .xferc file pathways accordingly, changed the programmes/pathways over to mine, so forth and so on. So everything has worked excellent except for this one small problem of the "helper apps", see?

I suppose it doesn't really matter though as I didn't use them all that much, preferring (as I see did you too ;) ) other lite-weights as "leafpad", "rxvt", "mtPaint", et al.

I'm STILL amazed at all the great features and the new looks of XFE! :) I really should write the programmer to voice my approval to him, how much I've enjoyed using it and such. I wished I could afford him a donation... -sigh-

Amicalement/mfg!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

MU

#26 Post by MU »

ok, made a pet of the helper-apps now.
I use Puppys programs instead, so I did not add them before.

http://dotpups.de/dotpups/File_Managers ... addons.pet
mirror:
http://puppyfiles.ca/dotpupsde/dotpups/ ... addons.pet

Mark

Eyes-Only

#27 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks bunches Mark! Yes, I do still use them from time-to-time in fact as I do particularly like the image viewer the most, followed by the text editor. I used to use Adie a lot as well back in the past but then lost it in a reformat. No need to send it my way though Mark as while I "lost" it on the drive---I do still have a backup copy on my CDs... one of the 28 or 30 "somewhere". LOL! I rarely ever throw anything anyway. I commented to the Mrs a few days ago that I'm still using the same fontset I began with nearly 20 years and 6 computers ago! :lol:

Anyway Mark, I really appreciate this AND all the hard work you do in the Linux field. I just hope you know this incase I don't get the chance to speak with you again sometime, okie? Thanks so much for making my walk in Linux the FUN & ENJOYABLE experience that it has been. I owe it to you namely, and then everyone else here at what I like to affectionately call "The Puppy Farm". ;)

mfg/Mazzel/Amicalement!

Eyes-Only
Ton Frere "L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

Jim1911

#28 Post by Jim1911 »

Thank you Mark for this XFile Explorer, you not only recommended some two pane file managers to me, but now have provided some great pet files to assure that I have one of the best. Your dedication to excellence and solid contributions to the puppy community continue to amaze me.

Thanks again,
Jim

Eyes-Only

#29 Post by Eyes-Only »

Just to let you know Mark, they've also done a magnificent job, I feel anyway, on these "helper apps". You've said that you've been using mainly the Puppy apps in their places? You should at least give the image and writer a good try-out as I feel that they've improved significantly. I've been using them a lot just today on my Parsix 1.5r1 and they both look and behave flawlessly. I think I'm going to make some .desktop files for my own use and spread them around between my 4 distros here. :)

Thanks again for all that you've done Mark! I'm another who really appreciates it as I'd stated earlier...

mfg/amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*

`f00

#30 Post by `f00 »

This is a great versatile fm - highly recommended as an alternative for those times when a tree and/or dual panes are desired. The extended gui is very nice indeed with the themes, etc. Fairly simple for beginners, yet highly capable as one 'gets into' it with some good advice from the succinct local Help ;) I particularly like xfw in the add-on package, :lol: yet another text editor - the colorselector (Preferences->More preferences,colortab>>) is a lot more versatile than gcolor2. It's not Geany or medit or teagtk, but it serves quite well in its own niche.

About the only minor inconvenience was a missing libcups.so.2 (on p412 barebones), easily pulled from another pup and voila, fully functional. Did I mention it's quick?

Thanks, Mark & all :)