TEENpup Version 1.0.0 iso download now!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
john biles

#31 Post by john biles »

Hello Gekko,
Update on gtk-gnutella, When the Program opens, it opens with the top and left side of the GUI out of screen. Which make it hard to use and close.
I am using 1024x768 screen resolution.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

oldog1984

help

#32 Post by oldog1984 »

it has been awhile but if someone could help me i will put it on link track i use utorrent but i really don't rember how to set it up i can help upload at about 40 to 50 kbs i think.... thanks alot guys :D

oldog1984

sorry

#33 Post by oldog1984 »

linux tracker is what i ment

nibl

#34 Post by nibl »

Okay, I was able to download it now. I could also start a torrent and I have 512kbps upstream. Only I have no idea how to setup a torrent.

I'll have a look around for some mirrors so MU's site doesn't keep going over quota...at least not so fast.

oldog1984

torrent

#35 Post by oldog1984 »

well i was able to upload the torrent at http://linuxtracker.org/index.php
stillwould like to add a better Description and pics of it have to do more reading to try to firure that out.. anybody wants to help seed do so thank you :D

raffy

mirror technique

#36 Post by raffy »

An interesting technique is posted here. Let us try this for TeenPup.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

nibl

#37 Post by nibl »

It sounds good, but I looked at the coralcdn FAQ and I can't find a simple explanation on how to get an ISO cached.

Where on earth is the actual file cached/copied to?

Pizzasgood

#38 Post by Pizzasgood »

As far as I know, they automatically cache it when you try downloading it with the funky path name. But only if it's smaller than 50MB, because they were having problems with larger files messing up their cache.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Gekko

#39 Post by Gekko »

john, I noticed that and have no idea why it does that... hmm... might be able to code into the source to move it OR just make a bash script, ill look into it soon.

nibl

#40 Post by nibl »

I found a fast free mirror for the derivative ISOs, including TEENpup. The friendly Admin at gwdg.de has mirrored them. He says bandwidth is not an issue :-)

Here you go:

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/puppy/

ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/puppy/

This is an exact mirror, so the donation links for MU's server still show and work as well.

I'll discuss the rest of this with Mark (MU) and start a new thread because it means we could now put all Puppy ISOs together in one place and not worry about bandwidth any more.

Happy downloading,

nibl

raffy

great

#41 Post by raffy »

That's great, really great. :)

john biles

#42 Post by john biles »

Hello nibl,
Thank you for all the effort you put in to mirror TEENpup.
Also thank you gwdg.de for mirroring TEENpup.
I will donate as soon as I can.

john biles

#43 Post by john biles »

Hello to everyone who downloaded TEENpup 1.0.0
Its been almost a week since TEENpup became available for download.
My question to those who have tried it, what do you think?
What do you like and dislike about TEENpup.

dragonfly

Installation

#44 Post by dragonfly »

Good afternoon,

Very good installation but there's a strange thing: my mouse that has been detected (usb logitech) doesn't work. What's going on? So I can't say how is Teenpup. I'm very sorry. Any idea? Many thanks.

john biles

#45 Post by john biles »

Hello Dragonfly, I see that this is your first post.
First I'd try changing your mouse setting during the bootup procedures where it asks you if you want to use xvesa or xorg for you screen settings.
As part of the xorg wizard. you can change your mouse settings.

If this didn't work, I'd try one of the standard puppy versions to see if the problem is still there. TEENpup is based on Puppy Version 2.10
If this problem is still there in the standard Puppy then let me know.
Also if you can, try Puppy 2.14 and see if the problem has been fixed in that version and let me know.

raffy

excellent overall

#46 Post by raffy »

This is an excellent build, and added programs that proved difficult to add (at least based on the forum discussions). CAD is there and also Adobe Acrobat5. Scribus has a number of good templates, and Gimp has a very recent version.

It may be improved along certain directions:

1. Device drivers - am at a loss why it fails to use my old Realtek 8029AS LAN card. Note also the mouse issue above.

2. Multimedia playing - I wonder if it can handle Youtube video. I tried but I failed (maybe I dont know how to play it using Gxine).

3. Issues in docs - I guess puplets are obliged to identify whoever remastered it and give URL from where to get support. Am not sure whether Barry's puppyos.com logo can be replaced, or whether some generic Puppy pages like the browser splash page can be substantially changed. Am saying this from the point of view of minimizing confusion among users.

There is also the issue of version 2.10 being somewhat incompatible with other live CD versions of Puppy Linux owing to its new compression algorithm. I will be happy to see Teenpup start with a more recent Puppy version, say 2.14 or 2.11 (EduPup used 2.11). In fact, if we focus on one version (like 2.11) and exploit its full modularity via sfs add-ons, we will be doing great.

I would have done this for 2.11, but sometime in January this year, I was pressed for a good multimedia build of Puppy and settled for minipup2.02R (based on 2.02 regression2 by Tempestuous). Now seeing that EduPup is such a good build and so is TeenPup, am eager to update to a new version with good multimedia features.

Note: Maybe it's Pizzapup that am referring to? :wink:
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

john biles

#47 Post by john biles »

Hello raffy,
Thanks for your comments. Sorry to build TEENpup on Puppy version 2.10
Later TEENpups will be built on more current versions of Puppy, I had to start somewhere.
As for Gxine and Youtube, Did you install Flash 9 and "No Script" by clicking on the Flash Update Icon on the right handside of the screen.
I've had no trouble with Youtube after install the update. "No Script" stops Seamonkey from crashing when viewing Flash Websites.

As for the other problems, as I still have alot to learn about Linux and Puppy, I'm not to sure I can help you.
Do you have the same problems with the Standard Puppy version 2.10?
Maybe one of the packages over rid a file or codec?

dragonfly

Logitech mouse

#48 Post by dragonfly »

john biles wrote:Hello Dragonfly, I see that this is your first post.
First I'd try changing your mouse setting during the bootup procedures where it asks you if you want to use xvesa or xorg for you screen settings.
As part of the xorg wizard. you can change your mouse settings.

If this didn't work, I'd try one of the standard puppy versions to see if the problem is still there. TEENpup is based on Puppy Version 2.10
If this problem is still there in the standard Puppy then let me know.
Also if you can, try Puppy 2.14 and see if the problem has been fixed in that version and let me know.
:D Hi john biles, first thank you for your reply.
I've changed the Logitech usb cordless mouse against my old Microsoft PS/2 and it works fine now with Teenpup. With the other distros and Puppy 2.14 and Toutoulinux there was no problem with Logitech mouse instead.
I use xorg for my mouse too and I've choosen different kind of drivers without any result.
But now I can say that Teenpup is a great work. I prefer this presentation to the classic ones. I'm a novice at Linux but not at computers. So I'd like to know more about.

john biles

#49 Post by john biles »

Hello Dragonfly,
Thanks for your comments. I promise future TEENpups will be based on later versions of Puppy Linux.
For now, I hope you get lots of use out of TEENpup version 1.0.0 :D

rmonroe36

Experiences with TeenPup

#50 Post by rmonroe36 »

First, thanks John Biles for TeenPuppy... and that's from a seventy-teen user! It is a rather nice compilation of programs. My preference is to boot from the CD but save preferences to a Linux partition on my hard drive(s). I especially enjoy Net Radio.
Recently, have been experimenting with USB flash drive booting. For your info, I used 3 different brands and sizes but was not able to successfully boot TeenPuppy. So I then tried Puppy 2.14 and was able to get that to run on a 128 meg flash drive using a floppy to boot because the computer had a SATA DVD/CD drive.
I then tried Puppy 2.14 on a 512 meg flash drive and by accident found that the flash drive was recognized as a USB hard drive. That booted fine. Having that success, I decided to retry TeenPuppy on the same drive but that failed to boot.
I tried the same routine on a 1 gig flash drive with the same results - TeenPuppy would not boot but Puppy 2.14 would.
As you might surmise, I am looking forward to the next version of TeenPuppy, hopefully using version 2.14.
Again, thank you for your efforts and especially those other "coders" mentioned in this forum.