Puppy 2.15CE Office Edition: Mirrors Required

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
MU

#16 Post by MU »

You can check the md5sum online with such a PHP-script checksum.php
:

Code: Select all

<?
system("md5sum ToutouLinux02-14.iso>check.md5.txt");
echo "ok";
?>
Save it in the same folder, edit the name of the iso, then run it in your webbrowser and wait until you see "ok".
Then use the back-button , click on "reload" and click on check.md5.txt.

On servage, you must deactivate the checkbox "safe_mode" in the settings for "Webserver" to be able to use system().

Mark

Previously known as Guest

#17 Post by Previously known as Guest »

I'm all for p2p, but can't seed/host myself.

Hosted until the shit hits the fan. ;)

Puppy-215CE-Office-Alpha.iso
Puppy-215CE-Office-Alpha.iso.md5.txt

veronicathecow

#18 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi, I've tried for thye last 4 hours to get a torrent up and running on a hosting service somewhere but no luck, I keep getting "system down for servicing after 50+mb of transfer)
I tried the 3 I mentioned and also torrentbox.

I'm giving up for the night!

veronicathecow

#19 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi Whodo, have finally downloaded, updated Azureus and started sdeeding only to find the ISO I got was only 56.17mb. Surley that can't be right?
Cheers

WhoDo

#20 Post by WhoDo »

veronicathecow wrote:Hi Whodo, have finally downloaded, updated Azureus and started sdeeding only to find the ISO I got was only 56.17mb. Surley that can't be right?
Cheers
Nope. 2.15CE Standard is 135Mb, and 2.15CE Office is 406Mb. Sounds like a server-imposed limit of some sort?

veronicathecow

#21 Post by veronicathecow »

Oh well, really must go to bed then, can't do any more at the moment.
cheers

veronicathecow

#22 Post by veronicathecow »

HI, I've looked at the site for torrents
http://puppylinux.org/user/puppybt/?page=1
These were the stats for this page.

Packages above are put together by Puppy Linux users independent of the Puppy Linux project
Puppy Linux does not warrant the integrity of sources, builds, or files donated.
Tracking 44 torrents with 0 peers (0 seeders and 0 leechers); Load: (9.348 %)

0 Peers, 0 seeders, 0 leechesrs

I wonder if it wrong? Or should we be making more effort to promote the torrents?

#23 Post by Previously known as Guest »

WhoDo wrote: Thanks, mate. Much appreciated.

Now what we need is to find ways of wielding the axe over this monster! :roll:

Cheers
Yep, it is a monster, many are put off by it, some have downloaded it so far, but I'm not seeing much if any new comments about the Office variant & giving constructive criticism on trimming it down specifically. Does it need a separate thread to hash it out?

veronicathecow

#24 Post by veronicathecow »

Sorry I know it's huge but I still like it (apart from the optical illusion background that makes me want to turn my head, sorry but honestly I'm getting a crick in my neck 8-) and right mouse click does not bring up menu.
I will probably install later as my second pup (currently Rudy 2.13 is my day to day
And "Mydocuments" thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Missing for me is asureus and NVU. Great puppy, thanks

WhoDo

#25 Post by WhoDo »

Previously known as Guest wrote:Yep, it is a monster, many are put off by it, some have downloaded it so far, but I'm not seeing much if any new comments about the Office variant & giving constructive criticism on trimming it down specifically. Does it need a separate thread to hash it out?
Just posted an announcement thread about it. That may spark some new interest. After that, I'm inclined to start two new threads: one each on how to reduce the two new versions to manageable proportions. They're both over-the-top IMHO.

Open Office is in its own sfs file, so that's fine for the moment, although Nathan is wrestling with a cut-down version of Open Office 2.10. Maybe we should follow raffy's suggestion and look at ways to move other stuff to specific sfs files. Then we could offer the sfs files as install options at boot! That would be pretty cool, and a bit like Slax modules but easier to implement.

More later. Thanks for the mirror. MU's mirror of Puppy 2.15CE Office Edition is up now too! Much appreciated PkaG (and MU).
Last edited by WhoDo on Mon 26 Feb 2007, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

WhoDo

#26 Post by WhoDo »

veronicathecow wrote:HI, I've looked at the site for torrents
These were the stats for this page....[snip]...

I wonder if it wrong? Or should we be making more effort to promote the torrents?
It's probably right, given that everything there is pretty old news. The latest looks like Java 1.5.06! Notice that no file is bigger than 80Mb. They probably couldn't handle a bigger file, but if you are keen to get torrents going, a PM to Puppian should sort out whether he can handle 2.15CE - either edition.

Cheers

#27 Post by Previously known as Guest »

WhoDo wrote: Just posted an announcement thread about it. That may spark some new interest. After that, I'm inclined to start two new threads: one each on how to reduce the two new versions to manageable proportions. They're both over-the-top IMHO.

Open Office is in its own sfs file, so that's fine for the moment, although Nathan is wrestling with a cut-down version of Open Office 2.10. Maybe we should follow raffy's suggestion and look at ways to move other stuff to specific sfs files. Then we could offer the sfs files as install options at boot! That would be pretty cool, and a bit like Slax modules but easier to implement.

More later. Thanks for the mirror. MU's mirror of Puppy 2.15CE Office Edition is up now too! Much appreciated PkaG (and MU).
Good to have 2 threads to "trim the fat" in both versions. :)
I've been running OOo 2.10 in Puppy since it was released, works great but packaging it for Puppy is beyond me. :(

Your welcome about the mirror, I plan to continue & you can use the info I PM'd you to upload as needed.

WhoDo

#28 Post by WhoDo »

Previously known as Guest wrote:I've been running OOo 2.10 in Puppy since it was released, works great but packaging it for Puppy is beyond me. :(

Your welcome about the mirror, I plan to continue & you can use the info I PM'd you to upload as needed.
I didn't create the sfs file for Open Office 2.0.4 either, but I sure would like to know how. It's a great alternative to packing everything into the pup_2xx.sfs file for distribution. I'll investigate further.

Thanks for the upload option. I'll keep it available for the Betas and RC's too, if you intend to continue.

Cheers

veronicathecow

#29 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi, I have had to give up on the idea of seeding this torrent. I tried on
http://www.btghost.com/
again but after about 300-400mb of upload(about 4 hours ) it said failed due to maintenance 8-(
I suffer from RSI so cannot keep going.
Anyone else want to try? It may be that it's the time of day I am trying...
Perhaps you could try another time of the day? I'm Uk based so I'm at 0 hours UTC (is that right?)
cheers

Sit Heel Speak

#30 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

I'm having trouble downloading 2.15CE-Office-Alpha, from both pkagfiles.net and puppyisos.org as well as ftp.servage.net.

With either http host, I get 40-100MB and then am disconnected. I don't know whether the problem is at the server or my ISP or somewhere in between.

When I resume using wget --continue, it connects through my local proxy OK, but then wget downloads only another 4 kilobytes and then disconnects.

1. Is anyone bit-torrenting it yet?
2. Is there a wget or proxy setting that will help?

When I try through ftp.servage.net, using gFTP, FTP protocol, ftp.servage.net disconnects immediately. Using FTPS, it gets through AUTH TLS and I see the "Loading directory listing from server" message, but then the connection times out.

Any suggestions?

veronicathecow

#31 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi, I tried again to run a torrent on a site again but after spending 4 hours uploading again it said "sorry we are doing a service" or something like that.
Sorry I couldn't help
Tony

puppyfan12

#32 Post by puppyfan12 »

Sit Heel Speak, I've experienced difficulties downloading both versions as well. I still haven't even got to try it yet myself because my 2 download attempts were both incomplete. I'm redownloading it again and this time going to check the md5sum against the image. I need to get into the habit of doing that more often.

Can anyone recommend a firefox extension that automatically verifies md5? md5hashtool doesn't say it works with 2.0+ although it looks really good and Fire-Encrypter looks like it might work but not sure if it's automated. I'll give it a whirl. It'd be nice to find something that integrates into the download manager though and just show the md5 sum upon completion (or failure).
Last edited by puppyfan12 on Tue 06 Mar 2007, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
Joe D.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#33 Post by Lobster »

Use Xwget from the menu (it will provide a reliable download - using this I never have to do a md5sum)
start / internet / Xwget
It should really be added here and to other manuals
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Manual214
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

puppian

#34 Post by puppian »

WhoDo wrote:
veronicathecow wrote:HI, I've looked at the site for torrents
These were the stats for this page....[snip]...

It's probably right, given that everything there is pretty old news. The latest looks like Java 1.5.06! Notice that no file is bigger than 80Mb. They probably couldn't handle a bigger file, but if you are keen to get torrents going, a PM to Puppian should sort out whether he can handle 2.15CE - either edition.

Cheers
The url of our torrent site is:
http://puppylinux.org/user/puppybt/

It used to be a tracker long time ago but now it's no more, so there's no statistics for the more recent torrents (and the stats. for some old torrents may have gone wrong, I should have fixed it, but anyway it's not that important since those torrents are so old). But the torrents should be working. The files can be downloaded as long as there are seeders :)

If someone created a torrent for the iso and upload it to linuxtracker.org,
http://linuxtracker.org/browse.php?cat=277
I can grab it and have it listed at our torrent site.

To creating a .torrent file:
I'll use the popular Azureus as an example here, but other programs surely have a similar process. So creating a .torrent file is actually easy, not much to it.

In Azureus:
1. File menu -> Create a Torrent.
2. Make sure "Use an external Tracker" is selected, and use the URL stated in the upload page as the Announce URL.
3. Leave "Add Multi-Tracker..." unchecked.
4. Select "Single File" if you're only doing it for one file.
5. Click next, then locate the file you want to share.
6. Click next. The default data shown should be fine.
Go ahead and check "Open torrent for seeding when done" and click Finish.
7. It will then create the .torrent file (in it's 'torrent' directory configured at setup).
8. Now just upload this torrent file to the site
9. Post the link to torrent so people can download it.
Anyone who is interested in bittorrent can check this thread out.
[url=http://puppylinux.org]Puppylinux.org - Community home page of Puppy Linux[/url] hosted by Barry (creator of Puppy), created and maintained by the [url=http://puppylinux.org/user/readarticle.php?article_id=8]Puppy Linux Foundation[/url] since 2005