Joined: 29 May 2005 Posts: 3053 Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sat 24 Feb 2007, 08:33 Post_subject:
Network wizard 2.15-1 (Feb 24, 2007)
I will keep three threads.
- This one that will have the latest version I consider stable. I will keep changing the title and date to reflect the most recent version.
- Another where I am asking for testers to work (and bear) with me debugging issues.
- Another for you to add your wish list for the wizard.
I list them in that order because if you are looking for a network wizard feature you should first check if it is already implemented, then check if it is a work in progress, and finally if I haven't considered it, add it to the wishlist.
Network wizard features
- One wizard for Cabled Ethernet and WiFi wireless networks
- Load network module driver if the right module wasn't loaded automatically at boot
- Support for ndiswrapper allowing the user to load the windows driver from within the wizard (always check first if there is a native linux driver that works with your card)
- Support for auto DHCP and static IP acquisition
- Support for Wireless Network scanning (if the wireless driver supports scanning)
- Configuration for Open wireless networks (Unencrypted)
- Configuration for WEP encrypted wireless networks
- Configuration for WPA-PSK/TKIP wireless networks with either 64 hex or ASCII passkey