Puppy 2.15CE "Viz" - Development Ideas/Requests

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
cb88

Vista Blue improved

#316 Post by cb88 »

Some of the changes suggested by whodo have been made.
the window menu icon repaired (it had been turned off in the config file), black window boarders, gradient title bar.
Attachments
Vista_blue_cb88_v0.2.tar.gz
(151 KiB) Downloaded 1443 times

nickdobrinich

of mice and men

#317 Post by nickdobrinich »

Two small suggestions regarding user interface.
(1) Can any apps be compiled so that scroll bars are on the left where m/s should have put them long ago? I am right handed but almost always find myself working nearer the left side of the screen. Why traverse to grab the scroll bar a thousand times a day?
(2) Mouse cursor snaps to default button. Some windows machines offer this option in control panel > mouse > pointer options.
It is things like this that make people say: yep, shoulda always been like that.

Skipper

mini-icons

#318 Post by Skipper »

Please simpler toolbar menu.

More icons in ~/.icewm/icons and corresponding lines in the ~/icewm/winoptions file.

Symlink to ~/.icewm as ~/icewm
There is a lot of configuration files.

Volume program for the systray (I configured IceWM for, and did include zmixer in the startup script).
Simpler systray, blinky and free memory are enough.

I don't remember, but... I think that I had to tweak something to get icewmtray to work. See that.

There is a lot more, but I don't remember all.

I do include an example screenshot.
Last edited by Skipper on Sat 12 May 2007, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.

Pizzasgood

#319 Post by Pizzasgood »

Which Mplayer skin is that? I might need to add it to the collection in Pizzapup.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Skipper

#320 Post by Skipper »

Hello!

"Productive" skin by Michael Zeising http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/skins/p ... .0.tar.bz2

The only thing of which I can be complained, is that it does not have from where grasping it.

Well, there is other point: Mplayer is better than GXine, because GXine is not friendly with old CPUs. Its splash video is heavy, ugly and annoying. With the DGA video output of MPlayer, I can watch videos like this: "RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 512 x 288, 25.00 fps, video: XviD, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 48000 Hz)" flawlessly, with my (very) old Pentium II 400 MHz CPU (if no other working process runing, no problem) and my "SiS 530/620 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter" onboard video card. I configured ROX with this command for AVI files: mplayer -vo dga "$1"

Also, great feature, it works from commandline. For example, for download streams, with "mplayer -dumpstream".

I can hear radio in Firefox, with MPlayer embedded by Mozplugger. It also works for embedded videos. In the other hand, there is some plugins like "Media Player Connectivity", which does the same work of gxine-plugin.

I suppose that you have already discussed all that. I vote for Mplayer.

Pizzasgood

#321 Post by Pizzasgood »

Thanks. You are aware that 2.15 Final has already been released, right? The comments are still good though. I might add that symlink to /root/.icewm in the next Pizzapup.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]