Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 22 Jul 2014, 13:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Pizzapup 3.0 FINAL
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 6 of 7 [102 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
cb88

PostPosted: Thu 23 Aug 2007, 17:47    Post subject:  

i haven't noticed bubbles not working maybe you got a bad download did you check the md5? i never do but it couldn't hurt

cb88
puppyjim

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2007, 09:19    Post subject:    

Thanks for your reply pizzapup - I'll check my copy of 2.14 (I never thought of that - I must be getting senile) Rolling Eyes
puppyjim

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2007, 16:36    Post subject:    

cb88 wrote:
i haven't noticed bubbles not working maybe you got a bad download did you check the md5? i never do but it couldn't hurt

cb88

I've checked my copy of 2.14 (bought cd - not download) and it crashes as well. Therefore either I have a screwed-up computer OR something is different with pizzaPup!

The bubbles_game only goes wrong after the "Hall-of-fame" window appears - except of course pizzaPup. Cool
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug 2007, 19:31    Post subject:  

The only things in Pizzapup I can think of that would possibly do anything would be adding some SDL packages and changing the GTK themes/engines.

The SDL stuff is this:
libsdl-1.2.9
libsdl_gfx-2.0.13
libsdl_image-1.2.4

I don't remember which ones are in PETget and which ones I added myself though. I think just libsdl_image. That one is just two files (really one file and a symlink).
/usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.3

I don't think that's the problem though. GTK seems more likely to affect it. Try changing the theme in Pizzapup (start -> Desktop -> GTK theme) to the one in standard Puppy (not sure off the top of my head which that is, but one of the more boring ones). If Bubbles crashes then, we'll know where the problem is (sorta). I could upload a PETget of the themes package I used if that's the case.

puppyjim

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug 2007, 15:39    Post subject:    

I tried the change in desktop image (lion sketch - that was the most Boring available) and it did cause odd problems.
So changed back to the default and all seemed okay for a bit and then problems. So I re-booted but still had funnies occuring.

There is obviously a connection - it needs a GURU to sort it. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm a MINUS something - well we've all got to start somewhere - bottom of the heap sounds good Rolling Eyes
moncha

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2007, 20:45    Post subject:  

I love pizza pup. Thanks!

The only problem I'm having is playing certain DVDs where I need the menu to play the movie. For example the movie I just tried started with the director's comments. Is there a way to use mplayer with a DVD when this happens?

I tried VLC but it wouldn't play a DVD. Gxine wouldn't start.
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep 2007, 11:56    Post subject:  

I didn't include Gxine, so you'd have to install it and the xine-libs package, then maybe it would work if I didn't break anything...

I know (vaguely) what you mean though. I only had one DVD thing at the time (as in multiple DVD's, but they're a group for a lecture thing). I had to fight a bunch to get different parts of the thing to play.

I haven't messed with a DVD since then, but now I have a drawer full of them that my mom gave me, so I'll be able to do some heavy duty "testing" before the next Pizzapup.

In the mean time, I think there might have been a version of Mplayer uploaded on the forum somewhere that includes menu support. Otherwise I don't really know. Like I said, I don't have any experience using DVD's on a computer, and very little experience using them on an actual DVD player hooked up to a tv.

arraen

PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep 2007, 07:12    Post subject:  

Realy wonderfull Pup! Smile
Work fine on Compaq Armada 1750, 196 RAM, and broken IDE controller, from 128Mb flash drive (GN-WLBZ201)

But I'm have one terrible trouble - don't working Wi-Fi from GN-WLBZ201 (based on zd1201), on original 2.17 work fine Sad
Module load without any problems, but still "Puppy does not see any active ethernet interfaces" Sad((

Please, please, please help! Smile
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Thu 20 Sep 2007, 20:32    Post subject:  

2.17 is five versions newer than Pizzapup 3.0, and has a newer kernel. That might be the reason it works better.

Or, maybe it's just the network script that's having a problem, in which case we can configure it by hand. Try running these commands from a terminal and then post the output here:
Code:
modprobe zd1201
iwconfig

arraen

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2007, 13:38    Post subject:  

Quote:
Or, maybe it's just the network script that's having a problem, in which case we can configure it by hand. Try running these commands from a terminal and then post the output here:
Code:

modprobe zd1201
iwconfig

sh-3.00# iwconfig
lo no wireless extentisions.
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep 2007, 17:32    Post subject:  

Sad Then fixing that is a little out of my league. You'd be better off searching the forum in general to see if anyone got that chip working on Puppy version 2.12 (that's what Pizzapup 3.0 is based on).

On the other hand, do you have the windows driver for that card? Then you could try using ndiswrapper to load it.

Otherwise, you could just use 2.17 and add the parts of Pizzapup you like best (wouldn't be hard, especially since I can easily make and upload packages of most of the things I added).

BlackAdder

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2007, 05:53    Post subject:  

The problem might be lack of the firmware. See an earlier post here.
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Mon 24 Sep 2007, 20:11    Post subject:  

Probably. Playing with find shows that 2.17.1 has the driver and firmware, but Pizzapup 3.0 just has the driver.

You could probably just copy them over, but I made a quick PETget of the latest version anyways.

Thanks for the tip Smile
zd1201-0.14-fw.pet
Description  firmware for zd1201
pet

Download 
Filename  zd1201-0.14-fw.pet 
Filesize  84.11 KB 
Downloaded  288 Time(s) 

klu9

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov 2007, 12:41    Post subject:  

I've created a PizzaPup page on the wiki, with download links.

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PizzaPup

Metalink for PP3.01.iso

Direct http link for PP3.01.iso from puppylinux.ca

CoBlitzed http link for PP3.01.iso from puppylinux.ca
Whitesnow

PostPosted: Tue 20 Nov 2007, 17:04    Post subject: Problem booting  

Hi, Smile

Pizzapup 3.00 frugal install doesn't boot on both my linux and fat/ntfs partitions (for fat/ntfs tests: with WakePup floppy with both empty fat and ntfs partition, with only frugal files in them).
No problem to load other Puppy (now I have 2.17 and 3.00 as frugal, too).
Picture shows what happens on boot now, tryng loading Pizzapup.
I just have all Pizzapup files in reiserfs partition hda2 (initrd.gz, vmlinuz, pza_300.sfs, zdrv_300.sfs, pza_save.3fs) and if I want to load Pizzapup like a frugal, I have to insert my cd at startup, like a live-cd use, but with the result of a hda2 mounting instead, like Grub would do! How can this happen an how can I load my frugal hda2 without cd-rom use?

This is in my Grub entry menu for loading:

# Linux bootable partition config begins
title Pizzapup (2.14-based frugal puplet on /dev/hda2)
rootnoverify (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 pmedia=idehd
initrd (hd0,1)/initrd.gz
# Linux bootable partition config ends

Thanks in advance for your help. Smile
pizzapup_boot_error.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   82.33 KB
 Viewed   690 Time(s)

pizzapup_boot_error.jpg

Page 6 of 7 [102 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives