Pizzapup 3.0 FINAL

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Nathan F

#16 Post by Nathan F »

The files were:
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.a
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.la
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.so (a symlink)
Ahh, that would explain why it works on my main box, but stops when I boot the iso on another computer. I'll grab the files and check it out. Thanks for tha bit of clarification.

Thanks also for the link and bit of explanation about encryption. At this point I think my /sbin/init script is going to bear very little resemblence to the original by the time all my scheduled changes are applied. I don't know when time will permit, but I think I'll go ahead and add the feature to Grafpup at some point.

I like your comments on what you're willing to fix compared with what you're willing to change. Frankly I've pissed off a couple people by some of the things I changed in Grafpup recently, but all of my work is pretty public now and anyone is welcome to create their own take (so long as they credit Barry as the originator). Frankly Pizzapup wouldn't be worth much if it weren't for all of the differences and quirkiness.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Pizzasgood

#17 Post by Pizzasgood »

Yep, it took over an hour for me to figure out why the new mouse wouldn't show up when I first booted a fresh Pizzapup, then pop up on the second boot. Turned out I had a devx_xxx.sfs file, but it didn't detect it on the first boot.

Then I had the problem of my standard Puppy acquiring the cursor from Pizzapup, because it thought the pza_212.sfs file was an extra .sfs file it should load, so I had to change to pza_300.sfs :roll:

I'm not sure why wmv files aren't loading correctly. When I drag one in from a ROX-filer window, it loads up in the plugin, but when I go to the same one on the web it asks me to download. In the file-types, it only gives an option for a "Windows Media Player Plugin", whereas other media files only have "mplayerplug-in 2007/1/16", with the exceptions of .avi and .wav, which do the same as .wmv.

I've added the correct run-action for excel files in my build-tree, but without some more significant changes I can't see uploading a whole new iso.

I'll give it until Wednesday before I finalize RC1, just in case.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Pizzasgood

#18 Post by Pizzasgood »

Okay. I hereby declare Pizapup 3.0 RC-1 the finalized version. The "RC-1" in the filename may be disregarded. Maybe I'll ask MU to rename the iso and fix the md5-sum to match.

I know I said that this week I'd package up many of the things I made, but I might not have time. Depends on how much homework I get done tomorrow. It will be done though.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

amish

#19 Post by amish »

Pizzasgood wrote:Okay. I hereby declare Pizapup 3.0 RC-1 the finalized version. The "RC-1" in the filename may be disregarded.
good man. i'm sure we can count on the quality we're used to from your efforts. a question... everybody seems to be shamelessly breaching the 2-digit barrier with iso sizes lately, tho to be fair, an alpha iso says nothing of what the release will be like. did pizzaspup also go over 99mb, or will this be our ONLY option for a 20digit iso? well, that and the barebones :| yeah... i could just check, but just checking won't make much of a point. puppy's gotten to be a fat fat fatty lately. i dub him "gordito." piggylinux :(

Nathan F

#20 Post by Nathan F »

Oh, Pizzasgood was a good boy and kept it at 99MB. I'm trying my hardest to do the same with Grafpup, and can do it if I remove the scanner drivers. I may yet do just that.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

Pizzasgood

#21 Post by Pizzasgood »

I set my maximum limit at 99MB, because that's how big ZipSlack was. Pizzapup 3.0 is 95MB.

I'm keeping 99MB as my limit for the foreseeable future. Also, 3.0 was mostly a "roughing in" project. I had to have something to work with. Now, I can go on to the refining part, where I can chop off excess and sharpen the details. The last "big" app I still want to add is Gimp, and after I cut some things out of the iso, it should fit nicely.

DaveDX

#22 Post by DaveDX »

Where oh where has the iso gone? The link to download is bad. Anybody have mirror?

Dave

Pizzasgood

#23 Post by Pizzasgood »

The server is down. I've uploaded it to my site for now. I have limited bandwidth and the download speed probably isn't incredible, but it should work until MU gets things sorted out.

http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/pu ... .0-RC1.iso
http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/pu ... so.md5.txt

Previously known as Guest

#24 Post by Previously known as Guest »

theforkofjustice

#25 Post by theforkofjustice »

Woohoo! Can't wait to give it a try, :)

sml

#26 Post by sml »

Very nice Pizza :) Thanks.

EdFromHouston

#27 Post by EdFromHouston »

I'll see if I can download it later tonite. Seems really nice. Thumbs up here.

Pizzasgood

#28 Post by Pizzasgood »

Okay, I have now uploaded it to Germanpup's server, probably to stay.
pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso (95 MB)
md5sum

Previously known as Guest: Was that just a temporary setup, or do you want me to add you as a mirror on the first post?

Previously known as Guest

#29 Post by Previously known as Guest »

Pizzasgood, I'll be mirroring a few isos, so it stays. I'll reneme to get rid of RC1 & edit md5 to match filename.

Colonel Panic

Icons for PizzaPuppy

#30 Post by Colonel Panic »

You've done a good job with PizzaPuppy, I'm using it now :). It's fast and responsive.

Just one thing; is it possible to add extra icons without downloading the whole bctangokde icon set? I've installed the opera and calendar dotpups and it would be nice to have icons for those on the desktop (also sylpheed).

Pizzasgood

#31 Post by Pizzasgood »

Calendar icon:
/usr/share/midi-icons/date48.png

Bctangokde doesn't have an Opera icon, just the globe icon it uses for Firefox. Opera should come with it's own icon, probably in /usr/local/opera/ or somewhere. Otherwise there are plenty of Opera icons on the web.

EDIT: Didn't see the request for a sylpheed icon:
This one isn't bctangokde, but it is included by default:
/usr/share/midi-icons/email48.png

I'm attaching a bctagokde icon too
Attachments
internet-mail.png
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 1336 times

xandas

Opera icon

#32 Post by xandas »

Attached is a Opera icon.
Enjoy it.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... ch&id=3319
Attachments
opera48.png
(3.8 KiB) Downloaded 1445 times

HdE

#33 Post by HdE »

TonshA wrote:The multimedia support really blew me away. The best I've ever seen for a Puppy release (That I can recall anyway)...

..Clicking on an excel file didn't open the file in Gnumeric. Didn't do anything actually. Easily fixed by setting the run action in Rox. No problem. It's a spit'n'polish thing...
I've just booted off the Live-CD a few times, but this looks like one of the best Puppies yet! Good Job!!

xandas

Alsa, Skype. Old computers.

#34 Post by xandas »

Pizzasgood, your pizzapup is very well done. It runs incredibly fast with a beatuful screen definition. I think that it will be a "landmark" as Grafpup, 2.02Opera by John Murga, Muppy 007 and 2.10CE editions.
The only thing that don't works is the alsa detection of old cards.
I found that copying the folder /lib/modules from Puppy 2.02 opera, by john Murga and replacing the "modules" folder in /lib/ resolves the problem. (also present in 2.13 and 2.14 Puppies).
But I dont may to put in work Skype. (in Murga202 distro works OK).
¿Some guy may help me?.
Xan

Scoticus

Pizzapup 3.0 FINAL

#35 Post by Scoticus »

Sorry to say I am totally unable to load your pup. On booting up the display gave the various keyboard options but totally froze at that point.

Trust this may be of assistance

Ian
[b]Puppy 4.0[/b]; AMD Athlon X2 4400 Processor; 2048MB DDR2 Memory; 320GB HD; nVidia 6100 Graphics; 16x Dual Layer DVD burner; Philips 190X5 monitor,Epson Stylus Photo R265 printer. Logitech LX 710 cordless keyb & mouse