Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Oct 2014, 07:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Pizzapup 3.0 FINAL
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 7 [102 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 17 Feb 2007, 02:02    Post subject:  

Quote:
The files were:
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.a
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.la
/usr/X11R7/lib/libXcursor.so (a symlink)

Ahh, that would explain why it works on my main box, but stops when I boot the iso on another computer. I'll grab the files and check it out. Thanks for tha bit of clarification.

Thanks also for the link and bit of explanation about encryption. At this point I think my /sbin/init script is going to bear very little resemblence to the original by the time all my scheduled changes are applied. I don't know when time will permit, but I think I'll go ahead and add the feature to Grafpup at some point.

I like your comments on what you're willing to fix compared with what you're willing to change. Frankly I've pissed off a couple people by some of the things I changed in Grafpup recently, but all of my work is pretty public now and anyone is welcome to create their own take (so long as they credit Barry as the originator). Frankly Pizzapup wouldn't be worth much if it weren't for all of the differences and quirkiness.

Nathan

Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sun 18 Feb 2007, 21:59    Post subject:  

Yep, it took over an hour for me to figure out why the new mouse wouldn't show up when I first booted a fresh Pizzapup, then pop up on the second boot. Turned out I had a devx_xxx.sfs file, but it didn't detect it on the first boot.

Then I had the problem of my standard Puppy acquiring the cursor from Pizzapup, because it thought the pza_212.sfs file was an extra .sfs file it should load, so I had to change to pza_300.sfs Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure why wmv files aren't loading correctly. When I drag one in from a ROX-filer window, it loads up in the plugin, but when I go to the same one on the web it asks me to download. In the file-types, it only gives an option for a "Windows Media Player Plugin", whereas other media files only have "mplayerplug-in 2007/1/16", with the exceptions of .avi and .wav, which do the same as .wmv.

I've added the correct run-action for excel files in my build-tree, but without some more significant changes I can't see uploading a whole new iso.

I'll give it until Wednesday before I finalize RC1, just in case.

Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb 2007, 01:38    Post subject:  

Okay. I hereby declare Pizapup 3.0 RC-1 the finalized version. The "RC-1" in the filename may be disregarded. Maybe I'll ask MU to rename the iso and fix the md5-sum to match.

I know I said that this week I'd package up many of the things I made, but I might not have time. Depends on how much homework I get done tomorrow. It will be done though.

amish

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb 2007, 03:24    Post subject:  

Pizzasgood wrote:
Okay. I hereby declare Pizapup 3.0 RC-1 the finalized version. The "RC-1" in the filename may be disregarded.

good man. i'm sure we can count on the quality we're used to from your efforts. a question... everybody seems to be shamelessly breaching the 2-digit barrier with iso sizes lately, tho to be fair, an alpha iso says nothing of what the release will be like. did pizzaspup also go over 99mb, or will this be our ONLY option for a 20digit iso? well, that and the barebones Neutral yeah... i could just check, but just checking won't make much of a point. puppy's gotten to be a fat fat fatty lately. i dub him "gordito." piggylinux Sad
Nathan F

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb 2007, 16:14    Post subject:  

Oh, Pizzasgood was a good boy and kept it at 99MB. I'm trying my hardest to do the same with Grafpup, and can do it if I remove the scanner drivers. I may yet do just that.

Nathan

Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb 2007, 16:37    Post subject:  

I set my maximum limit at 99MB, because that's how big ZipSlack was. Pizzapup 3.0 is 95MB.

I'm keeping 99MB as my limit for the foreseeable future. Also, 3.0 was mostly a "roughing in" project. I had to have something to work with. Now, I can go on to the refining part, where I can chop off excess and sharpen the details. The last "big" app I still want to add is Gimp, and after I cut some things out of the iso, it should fit nicely.

DaveDX

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb 2007, 20:02    Post subject:
Subject description: iso gone

Where oh where has the iso gone? The link to download is bad. Anybody have mirror?

Dave
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb 2007, 22:32    Post subject:  

The server is down. I've uploaded it to my site for now. I have limited bandwidth and the download speed probably isn't incredible, but it should work until MU gets things sorted out.

http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/puplets/pizzapup/pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso
http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/puplets/pizzapup/pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso.md5.txt

Previously known as Guest

PostPosted: Sat 24 Feb 2007, 02:42    Post subject:  

Mirrored here:

pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso
pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso.md5
theforkofjustice

PostPosted: Sat 24 Feb 2007, 18:15    Post subject:  

Woohoo! Can't wait to give it a try, Smile
sml

PostPosted: Sun 25 Feb 2007, 06:37    Post subject:  

Very nice Pizza Smile Thanks.
EdFromHouston

PostPosted: Sun 25 Feb 2007, 20:56    Post subject:  

I'll see if I can download it later tonite. Seems really nice. Thumbs up here.
Pizzasgood

PostPosted: Sun 25 Feb 2007, 22:44    Post subject:  

Okay, I have now uploaded it to Germanpup's server, probably to stay.
pizzapup-3.0-RC1.iso (95 MB)
md5sum

Previously known as Guest: Was that just a temporary setup, or do you want me to add you as a mirror on the first post?

Previously known as Guest

PostPosted: Mon 26 Feb 2007, 00:26    Post subject:  

Pizzasgood, I'll be mirroring a few isos, so it stays. I'll reneme to get rid of RC1 & edit md5 to match filename.
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Mon 26 Feb 2007, 10:25    Post subject: Icons for PizzaPuppy  

You've done a good job with PizzaPuppy, I'm using it now Smile. It's fast and responsive.

Just one thing; is it possible to add extra icons without downloading the whole bctangokde icon set? I've installed the opera and calendar dotpups and it would be nice to have icons for those on the desktop (also sylpheed).
Page 2 of 7 [102 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: