Hey, guys. RT2x00 problems.

northwood2.8

Hey, guys. RT2x00 problems.

#1 Post by northwood2.8 »

Okay. So, I decided to use Puppy.

More satisfied with it than pretty much any other distro on the hardware detection (I'm currently using Debian on this desktop that I'm on right now), as it picked up my video (odd laptop video, s3twister) and my RAUSB0- but...even though I was able to load the RT2x00 driver, and the GUI (yeah, I'm not *that* great at Linux...) reported that the interface was active, it just totally stuck me on configuration.

My network is using WPA/TKIP - 63 character ASCII. I know it sounds slightly 'noid, but it's nice. Are there any other suggestions for this?

When I try to configure my ESSID's (have two), it simply goes nowhere...I can setup my WPA key, click "Save", and then it just drops it. Right back where I started. Tried connecting with one of my AP's open - STILL nothing. And I iwconfig'd in Konsole (or whatever the equivalent in Puppy is) - I'm completely stumped, been up working on this since like 3am central. I know this same thing has probably been posted before, but I've been stomping around all over these forums and I just can't seem to find anything that quite matches my problem...

(Btw - Linksys WUSB54Gv4 - Ralink RT2750 (2500 USB))

Thank you so much for your time, and a beautiful OS to boot.