Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 23:27
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Grafburn cd burner - new version 0.10.1
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 5 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 19:37    Post subject:  

Here's some more help with flac:

To decode:
flac -d input.flac
To encode:
flac -6 input.wav
(The six could be any number 1 thru 8, the higher the more compression)
You can also have your output files output to a different directory by adding the output-prefix switch:
flac -6 input.wav --output-prefix=/mnt/sda1/
One other thing is you can use the asterik for multiple input files:
flac -6 *.wav

As for testing for a ffmpeg package that supports wma, I'm not sure. PBcdripper will try to encode to wma if it's selected and if it fails there will be a Xdialog popup telling the user to upgrade ffmpeg.
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 19:40    Post subject:  

You should be able to do this:

ffmpeg -formats | grep wma

If there's a D than decoding is supported
an E and encoding is supported

The only thing is for my ffmpeg package there's no E but it does encode so I'm not sure what that's all about.

I haven't tried this with the stock ffmpeg so I'm unsure if it shows up under that too. The thing is I know the stock ffmpeg doesn't encode wma (can't remember if it decodes).
Nathan F

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 19:52    Post subject:  

Many thanks. I'm just now sitting down to get to work on Grafburn again and the help is muich appreciated.

Nathan

plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:01    Post subject:  

As far as removing the files in the selected temp directory you could just create a directory inside the selected temp directory like grafburn-temp or something. Then just remove it and re-make it when grafburn starts.
plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:07    Post subject:  

If you need any more help you can look at the code from my PupLosslessAudioTool which is at:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1485354268&t=13777

It will transcode between wav, shn, flac, ape, and mp3 (lossy of course).
Nathan F

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:21    Post subject:  

Fantastic idea for the temp directory, much cleaner than what I was going to do.

Nathan

plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:32    Post subject:  

I was looking at soxgui and I noticed m4a is a supported format in sox.
Nathan F

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:38    Post subject:  

I made the change in the temp directory for audio encoding. Potential catastrophies averted.

I checked and neither ffmpeg will handle m4a. So for now I'll work on wma, mac, and flac. I should be able to get this up by tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for all your help.

Nathan

plinej

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jan 2007, 20:41    Post subject:  

look above,

sox supports m4a
Nathan F

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2007, 00:47    Post subject:  

Code:
sh-3.00# sox "03 - Time In A Bottle.m4a" "Time in a Bottle.wav"
sox: Failed reading 03 - Time In A Bottle.m4a: Do not understand format type: m4a

sh-3.00#

That's my output in Puppy-2.13, trying to convert an m4a file. All of the files I have in that format suffer the same fate, I'm afraid.

Nathan

plinej

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2007, 11:21    Post subject:  

Yep, my mistake. I put it in soxgui because I was under the impression ffmpeg would decode that format due to documentation I had read. Yours may have some type of drm which make them non-decodeable.
Nathan F

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2007, 15:14    Post subject:  

I just uploaded version 0.7. This release fixes a potentially severe bug in the audio encoding stage and I recommend that you upgrade for that reason. I also overhauled that portion of the gui so it now only pops up one terminal window for the entire encoding stage, and added support for the flac and mac (.ape files) codecs, if the required binaries are installed on your system. Support for wma is coming sometime but has not been written.

For those wishing to take advantage of the flac or mac codecs, PlineJ posted links to packages that will install the required support.

Note that when creating an audio cd, the directory you are creating it from can have any combination of .ogg, .mp3, .wav, .flac, or .ape files and they will be encoded to the desired output format. Other formats will just be ignored, or extra files. Both ogg and mp3 are lossy formats, meaning they actually discard some of the audo data in order to achieve their extreme compression. It is generally not a good idea to go from ogg to mp3 or vice versa, as quality will be degraded. Wav is uncompressed audio, and both flac and mac are lossless codecs. My personal recommendation for high quality audio is to use flac, or wav if you want a cd that can be played on any cd player.

This may slow down a bit for a while now, but there are still a few things I can think to do with Grafburn. I'd like to implement an easy way to copy directly from one cd or dvd to another. I'd also like to expand the preference settings even more, to allow the user more control over how a cd is created.

Nathan

plinej

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jan 2007, 15:51    Post subject:  

lookin' good Nathan. I'll do some testing over the weekend.
zigbert

PostPosted: Sat 03 Feb 2007, 18:55    Post subject:  

I've just released a searh tool http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=15136 and I hoped to complete the option to move search-files into grafburn. I wonder if it would be hard to make an import function to grafburn. I guess you use graftpoints, and if so, it would be easy to export a graftpoints-file from Pfinds searchresult.
Nathan F

PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb 2007, 16:16    Post subject:  

It could be done now by moving the searched files into Grafburn's temp directory and then starting Grafburn. Grafburn just burns whatever is inside the temp directory (specified in it's config file and user configurable) rather than generating a list of files. You would have to have your program read the config file to find the location of the temp file:
Code:
TMPDIR=`cat $HOME/.config/grafburnrc | grep -v '#' | grep TMPDIR | cut -f 2 -d '='`

That would do it in bash. Then you copy your files to that directory and can launch Grafburn like this:
Code:
/usr/local/apps/Grafburn/AppRun -n

The -n option specifies to create a new iso. In future releases you will not have to specify the path to AppRun, but will instead be able just type "grafburn [option]". I made the mistake of just making /usr/local/bin/grafburn a symlink, when I should have made it a small wrapper script that calls AppRun with arguments, which will be fixed in version 0.8 that I am uploading in a few minutes. For now, if you want a list of options it will accept take a look at the AppInfo.xml file inside /usr/local/apps/Grafburn.

Nathan

Page 5 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: