Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 21 Aug 2014, 02:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Grafburn cd burner - new version 0.10.1
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 8 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Nathan F

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2007, 11:33    Post subject:  

Yes, Barry requested just a little bit higher up that he would like to be able to burn a different directory onto disk, and I thought that would be a good idea. I've already enabled several options from the command line and I suppose what you are talking about would not be a bad idea as well. How about if I make it capable of just accepting a list of files, which it would then link into your temp directory and burn? That makes the changes somewhat small.

BTW - the symlink capability is now in my development version and working like a charm. I don't know why I didn't do this in the first place, as it has been really quite easy to implement.

Nathan

zigbert

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2007, 12:15    Post subject:  

Pfind has 2 different outputs. Either symlinks or a textfile with the filenames. But it's only the textfile that (today) contains the actual names of the files, so importing a list would sure be the easiest.

Thanks for the work you are doing!
Nathan F

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr 2007, 12:25    Post subject:  

Yes I see how it works now, that should be pretty easy to deal with. I'll just create a new function that links all the files on the list into your tempdir, and a way to call tha function from the command line.

I also noticed the "view in filameneger" option creates absolute links, so they could be moved or copied. So that way would work too. I see about three ways to implement it actually, but I'll just stick with the list for now.

Nathan

Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 00:31    Post subject:  

OK here's a snapshot of what I've been doing to it. The changes are the addition of cue and toc file support when creating audio cd's, the ability to create an iso by symlinking files into the temp directory, and just for Zigbert a new function to dump a file list into Grafburn like this:
Code:
grafburn -f <file>

I intend to do some work on the preferences dialog before I release it generally, and the new functions should be tested a bit first as well. Any testers please let me know how it goes for you.

Nathan
Grafburn-0.9.2.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Grafburn-0.9.2.pet 
Filesize  34.11 KB 
Downloaded  294 Time(s) 

zigbert

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 03:09    Post subject:  

Here's the result of the -f test:

The list:
Code:
/mnt/hda5/mp3/Mayhem - A wise birthgiver.mp3
/mnt/hda5/mp3/Mayhem - Anti.mp3

The rxvt output:
Code:
sh-3.00# grafburn -f /tmp/pfind-view
BusyBox v1.01 (2006.08.20-09:28+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: basename FILE [SUFFIX]

Strips directory path and suffixes from FILE.
If specified, also removes any trailing SUFFIX.

ln: creating symbolic link `' to `/mnt/hda5/mp3/Mayhem - A wise birthgiver.mp3': No such file or directory
BusyBox v1.01 (2006.08.20-09:28+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: basename FILE [SUFFIX]

Strips directory path and suffixes from FILE.
If specified, also removes any trailing SUFFIX.

ln: creating symbolic link `' to `/mnt/hda5/mp3/Mayhem - Anti.mp3': No such file or directory

Then dialog shows up:
Code:
You can now optionally set the iso file name and the Volume ID of the disk.

Grafburn made the directory /tmp/files/, but with no files.
Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 07:18    Post subject:  

Got to be the spaces in the filename. I thought I'd taken that into account, but apparently it got lost in the shuffle. I'll get on it.

Nathan

Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 07:35    Post subject:  

Try this Zigbert. Open up /usr/local/apps/Media/Grafburn/burn_file_list in an editor and change line 41 si it reads like this.
Code:
BASENAME="`basename "$FILENAME"`"

That might be the offending line. If there are spaces in the filename it would have to be quoted there. I can't test because I'm running on an important errand right away, so I'll check in later today.

Nathan

zigbert

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 08:43    Post subject:  

Very Happy working Very Happy

I'm very pleased, but wants to give constuctive feedback. After running 'grafburn -f list' there are 4 dialogs before actually burning. As an end-user, I wonder, is really all 4 needed. What about a dialog - Burning options, with entry for optional iso-name, checkbox for mulisession burning and buttons for CD- or DVD-burn. The new gtkdialog also gives possibilities to bold text, so 'insert media' would be easy to notice.

I will update Pfind to use Grafburn as default burner.

Thanks
Sigmund
Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 16:48    Post subject:  

Quite a few of the dialogs in Grafburn are written in Xdialog, which is very limited. I do have plans to port much of it over to gtkdialog, which should make the resulting application less "wizard" like and eliminate a lot of the extra windows. They drive me nuts also. I can't say when I'll get it all done though.

Nathan

Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr 2007, 19:03    Post subject:  

How's this for a mockup?

Nathan
burn_dialog.png
 Description   
 Filesize   22.43 KB
 Viewed   676 Time(s)

burn_dialog.png

zigbert

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr 2007, 02:25    Post subject:  

Now we're talking Wink

Both simpler and nicer.
Nathan F

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr 2007, 11:25    Post subject:  

I'm uploading the work in progress again. The two changes here are a simplifacation of both the burning and blanking dialogs, rewritten using gtkdialog3. I plan to do the same with the cd copy and audio cd dialogs, then attack the preferences dialog.

I'm also thiking we need a way to add sessions to a multisession disk in Grafburn, but I don't know when I'll get around to doing it or how I want to work it into the interface. I might add a toolbar menu perhaps, to put in some of the less used tasks.

Nathan
Grafburn-0.9.4.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Grafburn-0.9.4.pet 
Filesize  25.07 KB 
Downloaded  266 Time(s) 

Nathan F

PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr 2007, 03:19    Post subject:  

OK, I just uploaded another new and improved version to the previous post. This one adds a menubar to the main interface, removing several of the visible buttons and making things a bit less cluttered. I'm going to add support for appending data to a multisession disk but it's not written yet, and I'm doing a bit of simplification on the copy cd dialog as well, which is also unfinished so it's not included yet. So the only changes in this version are cosmetic, and it should function same as before. I like the fact that it takes up a lot less screen real estate now, which makes a big difference if you're stuck at 800x600 like I am on a couple computers.

Nathan
grafburn-0.9.4.png
 Description   
 Filesize   25.53 KB
 Viewed   673 Time(s)

grafburn-0.9.4.png

Nathan F

PostPosted: Tue 01 May 2007, 12:28    Post subject:  

I'm in the process of rewriting the preferences dialog a bit. I'm going to have it set a couple other variables like the cd and dvd reader drives, so that the copy dialog can be simplified a bit. Actually I think this could just as easily make use of the cd burner wizard and take it's default drives from the output of that script.

As to the rest I think I can do a rewrite in gtkdialog and once again cut down the size of the window, probably by putting the various sections into separate tabs.

Nathan

Nathan F

PostPosted: Wed 02 May 2007, 17:31    Post subject:  

OK here is the next stage in development with a totally new preferences dialog. The preferences dialog has been 100% rewritten using gtkdialog3 and is now a single window with tabs. The devices are set according to the system defaults, which are set by the cdburner-wizard. This is a major upgrade in usability, but is not yet a stable release because I have quite a few more things I want to implement. Namely -

* burning on the fly rather than creating an iso file first
* simplify the copy cd process and add support for copying an audio cd with only one drive, by creating a toc file and .wav
* implement appending data to multisession disks

Note that most of the icons are now taken from stock, so they will follow whatever icon theme you happen to be using (Puppy isn't using one, Grafpup uses Tango). This cuts the size of the application about in half.

IMPORTANT! You must delete you preferences file in order to update to this version. The file is $HOME/.config/grafburnrc ($HOME is your home directory, or /root, and .config is a hidden folder. Click on the eye icon in ROX-Filer to view hidden files).

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan F on Sun 06 May 2007, 14:12; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 8 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: