JWM Themes

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Kal

Backgrounds for JWM and ROX 2.5 in Puppy 2.13

#16 Post by Kal »

Believe me, I know nothing about making anything, but, this worked for me. I made and placed a wrapper "startbackground" in /root/.jwm/themes (note hidden folder). Then I modified the last line in "bg-jwm-XXX" to this, as follows. Just cut, copy and paste this in with text editor. Cut the #from line and copy and paste the #to line in.

#from
exec /usr/local/Puppybackground/puppybackgroundmenu saved

#to
exec /usr/local/Puppybackground/puppybackgroundmenu saved |
/root/.jwm/themes/startbackground $

The wrapper is named startbackground and here is the content.

#!/bin/sh
sleep 2
exec /usr/local/Puppybackground/resource/roxrestart.sh $@

Copy and Paste in to leafpad or geany and save as name "startbackground" to /root then moved (drag, drop and Shift key) it to /root/.jwm/themes. Won't go to a hidden folder direct from text editor. Make sure the permissions are Exec on the wrapper in properties (right click it for menu to see).

Please note, that "bg-jwm-xp" is misnamed and should be renamed "bg-jwm-puppy-xp".

Just wanted you to know I got it going. I know it may not fully be correct, but it works for me. I always have backups and with a frugal install their in /initrd/pup_ro2.

Thanks for your response Rhino, Good Luck, Kal
Last edited by Kal on Thu 04 Jan 2007, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Kal

background

#17 Post by Kal »

Rhino
On your backgrounds just copy an older bg-jwm-peach file to another folder. Rename bg-jwm-peach to your's, bg-jwm-human and substitute your backdrop's name in two spots, you'll see them when you open it with text editor.

Replace the last line with the new one. Put it back in /root/.jwm/themes and of course test (I am always making typos).

Content shown "bg-jwm-human" below:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

echo -n "exactfit, /usr/share/backgrounds/suede.jpg" > /etc/background
echo -n '-stretch "/usr/share/backgrounds//suede.jpg" Nothing' > /etc/Puppybackgroundpicture

#do it now...
#exec xli -onroot -quiet -fillscreen /usr/share/backgrounds/button1024x768.jpg
exec /usr/local/Puppybackground/puppybackgroundmenu saved |
/root/.jwm/themes/startbackground $
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did mess up when putting your dotpup in and had to fix up the themeslist in /root/.jwm/themes. Added jwm-human Puppy_Human on line with another theme and repeated again down the line. I am sure it is a minor problem for the mouse happy folks, like me.

Good Luck, Kal