Dell Media Button

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
jareno

Dell Media Button

#1 Post by jareno »

Hello,

My Media buttons(on the front, (play, stop, pause, .etc) ) of my Dell inspiron E1705 dont work and never have. Has anyone else had this problem.

Heres all the buttons:

Mute, Volume Down, volume Up, Play/Pause, Previous Track, Forward Track, Stop

bugman

#2 Post by bugman »

Maybe the media buttons only work with Windows? Dells are full of weird firmware, in my experience...

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

Yup! Dell are part of the cartel. Barely accept old Dell s as gifts and then only to strip down for spares. Beware, their old PSU s need rewiring due to non-standard connections - have to shift the wires along by two or is it three pins; colours are all 'wrong' too. Someone over there should take all Michael's money away from him for the grief he's caused endless generations of PC users.

Dougal

#4 Post by Dougal »

I made this post a few weeks ago, but it didn't seem to attract much attention...
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

bugman

#5 Post by bugman »

Dougal wrote:I made this post a few weeks ago, but it didn't seem to attract much attention...
The buttons aren't on the keyboard. At least, that's how it reads to me...

Dougal

#6 Post by Dougal »

bugman wrote:The buttons aren't on the keyboard. At least, that's how it reads to me...
You mean they're on the outside of the laptop?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes

bugman

#7 Post by bugman »

Dougal, ya got me curious and I googled it...seems as though they're on the front edge of the computer, 90 degrees from the keyboard, and it would appear, actually outside when the laptop is closed.

I've never owned or even used a laptop, so maybe I'm misreading the picture--but that's what it looks like...

Dougal

#8 Post by Dougal »

bugman wrote:I've never owned or even used a laptop, so maybe I'm misreading the picture--but that's what it looks like...
Yeah, I never really used a laptop either. It just seems strange that buttons will be on the outside!

I have a feeling they might not be recognized as "keys", maybe as soem external joystick or something?
It's probably worth googling for...
Some say your nose
Some say your toes