Enlightenment will not load after upgrade to 2.13 from 2.12

Please post any bugs you have found
Reni

Enlightenment will not load after upgrade to 2.13 from 2.12

#1 Post by Reni »

Hi,
I've just upgraded to 2.13 from 2.12 and now e16 wm will not load (not at regular boot nor from the command prompt). I upgraded to 2.13 with full drivers. The enlightenment I'm using was compiled locally. I've recompiled under the new version, but to no avail. Perhaps I need the latest devx version also? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Reni

Dougal

#2 Post by Dougal »

You say you've recompiled under the new version, but have not got the new devx module? The filesystem is pretty similar in 2.12 and 2.13, but it's always good to use the right devx rather than renaming the old one…

How do you mean E16 doesn't work? Have you tried to "ldd" the binary to see if there's a problem with libraries?

If you try starting X with E16 (i.e. running "xwin e16" or "xwin enlightenment" or whatever) and end up back in the command-line, you should try saving the xerrs.log file (or looking at it with mp or something).
Just type

Code: Select all

cp /tmp/xerrs.log ~/xerrs.e16
and then start X into JWM (or whatever) and look at the xerrs.e16 file -- you should find a message saying why if failed.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

Reni

e16

#3 Post by Reni »

Thanks Dougal.
Looking into the xerrs.log file was the key. I needed to recompile Imlib2 v1.2.0 and FreeType2 2.1.6 before it would load. I didn't need the latest devx file, but I've recently downloaded and installed it.

Thanks again for the help.