What photo management software is available?

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
WhoDo

#16 Post by WhoDo »

john biles wrote:As I had XN View when I was a Windows user, I was glad to see there was a Puppy version. As I only used XN view in Windows for unusual formats, I didn't use it much. ...[snip]...
Thanks for pointing out all the extras it does. I to don't like the fact the Picasa uses 700MB's of HD to sort itself out.
You're welcome, John. It sure seemed too much to give up 700Mb of disk space to an application when your OS itself requires less than 10% of that.

Cheers

peppyy

#17 Post by peppyy »

I very much like xnview also. I have been trying to create the correct "Open with" script though and ahven't got it yet. I know it works in RXVT by adding the file like.

Code: Select all

xnview /mnt/hde1/dcim/100_fuji/dscf0088.jpg
I tried several different ways of adding it to the open with in 2.0.1 and can only get the program itself to open. How should a script read in /root/Choices/SendTo/ ?

I was also thinking I might set it as default for images but that also only opens the program and you still have to browse to the image.
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

plinej

#18 Post by plinej »

You can set your run action in rox with this command:

xnview "$1"

WhoDo

#19 Post by WhoDo »

peppyy wrote:I very much like xnview also. I have been trying to create the correct "Open with" script though and ahven't got it yet. I know it works in RXVT by adding the file like.

xnview /mnt/hde1/dcim/100_fuji/dscf0088.jpg
I tried several different ways of adding it to the open with in 2.0.1 and can only get the program itself to open. How should a script read in /root/Choices/SendTo/ ?

I was also thinking I might set it as default for images but that also only opens the program and you still have to browse to the image.
In order to start XnView in View Only mode you need to turn off Launch Browser at Startup from the options menu.

Then your command line should work fine. You will find that it is probably working now, but the Browser is popping up over the View window, pushing it to the background so it looks like you are only launching the program.

For command-line options, type xnview -help in rxvt terminal.

Scripts should probably look like this:

#!/bin/sh
exec xnview "$@"
...where the $@ is the filename you pass to the script on execution.

Hope that helps.

peppyy

#20 Post by peppyy »

Perfect, Just what I was looking for. Thanks Who Do.

How quickly we forget what we do not use. When I was running another linux distro a year and a half ago I would have remembered that since a lot of the tweaking had to be done command line. Puppy has gotten so nubee friendly that I am forgetting half of what I have learned. Of course my age may have something to do with that too :)
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

setecio

#21 Post by setecio »

Nathan F wrote:A nice SMALL photo manager is Flphoto. This is based on the FLTK toolkit and runs really fast even on old hardware. Lets you organize photos into albums. It also has a nice export feature that will create a static web gallery out of an album. Drawbacks are the small feature set (it's a tiny program) and the rough scaling of the images.
How can I install Flphoto, it sounds just what I need. I searched in Puppy Software Installer07 but it isn't there. Is there a dotpup for it ? If not, how would I do it ? Beginner instruction please, installing to NOP3.01r1 frugal 128MB Ram 400Mhz.

Thanks.

muggins

#22 Post by muggins »

setecio,

Nathan has it available in his Grafpup repository. To try it you'll need to also install the Fltk library files.

http://www.grafpup.org/packages/2.0/fltk-1.1.7.tar.gz

http://www.grafpup.org/packages/2.0/flphoto-1.2.tar.gz

Download these 2, then use the puppy package manager to install as alien packages. (That's, if you enter petget in a console, the 2nd button from the top, under the big button).

I don't know whether it installs in the menu, or not, but it works for me by just entering flphoto.

setecio

#23 Post by setecio »

Thanks, fltk installed fine, flphoto installed but said these dependencies are missing: libgphoto2.so.2 and libgphoto2_port.so.0

I rebooted but when I type flphoto in a console it says
flphoto:error while loading shared libraries: libgphoto2.so.2:cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Where can I get libgphoto2.so.2 and libgphoto2_port.so.0 ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I got libgphoto2.so.2 from
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 971#122971

but I still need libgphoto2_port.so.0 as it says it is missing when I try to run flphoto. Would it work if someone uploaded a copy from their /usr/lib folder or does it have to be a specific version ?

EDIT: Used Puppy Software Installer07 and searched for gphoto and then installed libgphoto-2.1.6.pet from the list.

Flphoto now works. :D

Pelo

GQview 2.15 see graphic section

#24 Post by Pelo »

see graphics section GQview 2.15