Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 03 Sep 2014, 01:33
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
What photo management software is available?
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 2 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
WhoDo

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec 2006, 08:23    Post subject:  

john biles wrote:
As I had XN View when I was a Windows user, I was glad to see there was a Puppy version. As I only used XN view in Windows for unusual formats, I didn't use it much. ...[snip]...
Thanks for pointing out all the extras it does. I to don't like the fact the Picasa uses 700MB's of HD to sort itself out.

You're welcome, John. It sure seemed too much to give up 700Mb of disk space to an application when your OS itself requires less than 10% of that.

Cheers
peppyy

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec 2006, 14:23    Post subject:  

I very much like xnview also. I have been trying to create the correct "Open with" script though and ahven't got it yet. I know it works in RXVT by adding the file like.

Code:
xnview /mnt/hde1/dcim/100_fuji/dscf0088.jpg

I tried several different ways of adding it to the open with in 2.0.1 and can only get the program itself to open. How should a script read in /root/Choices/SendTo/ ?

I was also thinking I might set it as default for images but that also only opens the program and you still have to browse to the image.

plinej

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec 2006, 19:44    Post subject:  

You can set your run action in rox with this command:

xnview "$1"
WhoDo

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec 2006, 20:31    Post subject:  

peppyy wrote:
I very much like xnview also. I have been trying to create the correct "Open with" script though and ahven't got it yet. I know it works in RXVT by adding the file like.

Code:
xnview /mnt/hde1/dcim/100_fuji/dscf0088.jpg

I tried several different ways of adding it to the open with in 2.0.1 and can only get the program itself to open. How should a script read in /root/Choices/SendTo/ ?

I was also thinking I might set it as default for images but that also only opens the program and you still have to browse to the image.

In order to start XnView in View Only mode you need to turn off Launch Browser at Startup from the options menu.

Then your command line should work fine. You will find that it is probably working now, but the Browser is popping up over the View window, pushing it to the background so it looks like you are only launching the program.

For command-line options, type xnview -help in rxvt terminal.

Scripts should probably look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec xnview "$@"

...where the $@ is the filename you pass to the script on execution.

Hope that helps.
peppyy

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec 2006, 01:15    Post subject:  

Perfect, Just what I was looking for. Thanks Who Do.

How quickly we forget what we do not use. When I was running another linux distro a year and a half ago I would have remembered that since a lot of the tweaking had to be done command line. Puppy has gotten so nubee friendly that I am forgetting half of what I have learned. Of course my age may have something to do with that too Smile

setecio

PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec 2007, 12:34    Post subject:  

Nathan F wrote:
A nice SMALL photo manager is Flphoto. This is based on the FLTK toolkit and runs really fast even on old hardware. Lets you organize photos into albums. It also has a nice export feature that will create a static web gallery out of an album. Drawbacks are the small feature set (it's a tiny program) and the rough scaling of the images.

How can I install Flphoto, it sounds just what I need. I searched in Puppy Software Installer07 but it isn't there. Is there a dotpup for it ? If not, how would I do it ? Beginner instruction please, installing to NOP3.01r1 frugal 128MB Ram 400Mhz.

Thanks.
muggins

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec 2007, 03:43    Post subject:  

setecio,

Nathan has it available in his Grafpup repository. To try it you'll need to also install the Fltk library files.

http://www.grafpup.org/packages/2.0/fltk-1.1.7.tar.gz

http://www.grafpup.org/packages/2.0/flphoto-1.2.tar.gz

Download these 2, then use the puppy package manager to install as alien packages. (That's, if you enter petget in a console, the 2nd button from the top, under the big button).

I don't know whether it installs in the menu, or not, but it works for me by just entering flphoto.
setecio

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec 2007, 05:43    Post subject:  

Thanks, fltk installed fine, flphoto installed but said these dependencies are missing: libgphoto2.so.2 and libgphoto2_port.so.0

I rebooted but when I type flphoto in a console it says
flphoto:error while loading shared libraries: libgphoto2.so.2:cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Where can I get libgphoto2.so.2 and libgphoto2_port.so.0 ?

Thanks.

EDIT : I got libgphoto2.so.2 from
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=122971#122971

but I still need libgphoto2_port.so.0 as it says it is missing when I try to run flphoto. Would it work if someone uploaded a copy from their /usr/lib folder or does it have to be a specific version ?

EDIT: Used Puppy Software Installer07 and searched for gphoto and then installed libgphoto-2.1.6.pet from the list.

Flphoto now works. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: