VPPP graphical interface for pppd

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
mouldy

VPPP graphical interface for pppd

#1 Post by mouldy »

Been playing with wvdial on 1.0.4 and looking at front ends for it and ran across this little gem which isnt front end for wvdial but graphical interface for pppd. Its a tcl/tk script. http://www.linux-kheops.com/pub/vppp/vpppGB.html

Couple limits. First it didnt like running on cd version of Puppy 1.0.4.Wouldnt properly disconnect and left pid files that prevented connecting other ways short of manual clean up or reboot. Worked fine and disconnected fine running on my type2 hardrive install of 1.0.1

Second for some reason, the auto
DNS function didnt seem to work, just gave error of too many symbolic links and couldnt create the needed file. Thus no surfing. If you manually enter your DNS addresses, it works fine.

Oh, this download is an auto install version. Has its own install script. Just download it and click on it and it installs. Same script can be used to uninstall. Unexpected in a program like this. Had to gzip the file to upload it here.
Attachments
install-vppp-3.7.tcl.gz
(94.05 KiB) Downloaded 906 times

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Yeah, I vaguely recall checking it out ages ago.
I think it messed up Gkdial settings, but I can't recall, just have this memory that it messed up something.