Netgear WPN111 Wifi MIGHT work in Puppy 2.12. WG111 does!

BlackAdder

#31 Post by BlackAdder »

Snowdog,
GeoffS reported earlier in this thread that he had the WG111 working - using ndiswrapper I think.
The network wizard seems a bit cranky about ndiswrapper, so I have continued to use commands to get things going. In the case of ndiswrapper, try modprobe ndiswrapper before running the network wizard.

SnowDog

#32 Post by SnowDog »

Kind of an update...
I booted with the live cd "puppy pfix=ram" and tried to get the generic card going again. I loaded the ndiswrapper and when I selected the driver, it again complained that it was not a valid driver file, but this time I noticed that the driver from the cd is named .INF, not .inf.
I copied it anad the .sys file over to hdd anad renamed it to .sys and tried again. Now I'm posting from that generic card again.
I'll try botting my hdd installed puppy again and try the generic and netgear usb ones again to see if they work this way as well, just wondered if something like this might be plaguing anyone else so I thought I'd post it.

Tried some more, but no dice for any of my pcmcia cards or usb wifi adapters.
so... since I had no idea what I screwed up...

I re-installed puppy.
Ran the network wizard, chose ndiswrapper, selected the renamed .inf, for generic (Marvel) pcmcia wifi card.
Saved, rebooted.
Ran network wizard again, loaded driver for wlan0, saved.
Ran wag, made a profile, only selecting essid and channel, saved.
Opened browser and was able to browse web.
Rebooted and all works now, everything saved okay.

I also tried the netgear usb wifi again, before the generic one, but it still says that all of the driver I have are invalids.
I'll try to find some others later and get this going on other laptops, but I'm leaving this one alone, now that it works in puppy.

Can anyone who has this wg111v2 working, give me a link to, or put the drivers they used somewhere I can get em?

Thanks for the help guys.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

koolie

Netgear WPN111

#33 Post by koolie »

I have one of these that works fine in Winduz, but hey,
thats not where I want to be.

Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

jonyo

#34 Post by jonyo »

If you're asking for the wg111v2
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 442#121442
Ahhh..just saw this part - Post subject: Netgear WPN111 :oops:

Frogbad

#35 Post by Frogbad »

Just wondered if anyone had an update on getting the WPN111 working under Linux?

I am desperate to get it to work, as I am currently having to use Windows for web browsing

Aitch

#36 Post by Aitch »

@frogbad

It might be simpler to get one that does work with puppy

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=11277

Aitch