Ack! All my "Run Time Actions" got deleted!

Booting, installing, newbie
flamesage

Ack! All my "Run Time Actions" got deleted!

#1 Post by flamesage »

Somehow, the folder where all my Run Time actions were are deleted, so I can't install any new .pups or run basicly any file.

Does anyone have a backup?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

What do you mean by Run Time Actions.
What exactly has happened can you explain.

flamesage

#3 Post by flamesage »

I accidently deleted a folder called Choices20, and I believe that held all of the configuration files for the "Run time actions".

So now I basicly can't click a .pup and have it install, it asks for a runtime application.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

You have deleted the file containing the MIME-types applications to run various types of applications along with stuff that rox requires.

If you have the CD you did your install from you could run the install wizard and do an upgrade to try and replace the missing directories and files.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#5 Post by GuestToo »

rox has it's config files in /root/Choices
(actually $HOME/Choices if you are not running as root)

my rox 2.2.20 dotpup package uses config files in /root/Choices20 ... because the newer rox and the older rox's config files are not totally compatible

the run actions would be in a folder called MIME-types

the first rox 2.2.20 package uses the same Choices folder for the config files, but because of the incompatiblility, it backed up the original folder first ... the second version of rox 2.2.20 uses it's own folder, Choices20

the easiest way to fix rox 2.2.20 would be to reinstall rox 2.2.20

if you deleted the original rox config folder, /root/Choices, then i'm not sure what the easiest way to reinstall the folder would be ... they would be in image.gz ... you might be able to force it to reinstall by temporarily changing the number in /etc/puppyversion to a smaller number ... if you have an option 2 install, you probably need to reinstall the option 2 install

in any case, /root/Choices is is image.gz, which can be mounted ... and it is in one of the Unleashed packages

if you want to fix the Run Action for dotpup files, right click a dotpup file, click Set Run Action, and type dotpuprox.sh so the run action looks like dotpuprox.sh "$1"

#6 Post by Guest »

You might try this:

ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/puppylinux/pupget_packages-1/rox_filer-1.2.2.tar.gz