10 pc Cybercafe for 30ukp!!!!

Promote Puppy !
dancingdog777

#181 Post by dancingdog777 »

richard.a wrote: Aaaaahhhh

Wonder if your problem is with SATA drives, which from what I've heard are the greatest and bestest....

Richard
Slight misunderstaning, I had copied that post from another forum and saved the text file on my hd. I merely pasted it in without changing the tenses. I do not have a SATA drive, just normal IDEs.

To Eco : If you have the distro installed on a hard drive with the GRUB loader on another partition (but on the same hard drive), the DD will copy those onto the target hard drive. Likewise if you had anything else, say Windows or another O/S also on that drive, the routine will copy everything onto the new drive.
P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread!

ahmadzainul

Well done

#182 Post by ahmadzainul »

8) Well Done Girl, Now I also work hard to fit puppy in my environment. but I've try my original office 2003 work very well in puppy. in past I was fail install it in edubuntu 7.04 . would you keep in though with me to established on my cybercafe? my e-mail in ahmadzainul@lycos.com

amitagroyee

How to Update Ecopup 2.15CE to 2.17 or more

#183 Post by amitagroyee »

Hi
I am happy with ecopup. Thought I cant boot it from my dualboot harddisk. I have to boot it from CD

BTW, In puppy linux 2.17, I installed KPPP and qt-3.3.6.pet, by help of that I can connect to internet through my CDMA mobile phone. It recognise it in the booting process and on pressing dmesg command, it displays that modem is connected through prolific cable on port usbtty0.

But it ecopup, I can't find the modem on pressing the dmesg command. I have installed the KPPP and qt-3.3.6.pet.

Plz help.