Question: way to add devx_212.sfs to multisession DVD

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
marksouth2000

Question: way to add devx_212.sfs to multisession DVD

#1 Post by marksouth2000 »

OK, so I thought I'd experiment with 212 on multisession DVD and I have pretty much everything working. Except...what do I do with devx212.sfs on a multisession DVD? I know what to do on a frugal install (put it in with the other squashfiles) or a full install (do the mount -o loop thing and copy the files into the tree) BUT running multisession

1. I can't write to the location where the other squashfiles are, 'cos 'tis read-only filesystem, innit? Thus perishes plan a.

2. I seem unable to mount anything on a loop device, which rather puts the eraser on plan b.

Apologies if there is an obvious answer on the forum, but nothing returned by a search has worked. However I am unwilling to accept that among all you hardened puppyists, linux geniuses, and subgeniuses, that someone else hasn't already solved this one.

Thanks most awfully in advance, don't you know.
Mark 8)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I haven't done it, but I've thought about how to do it. :) that file needs to be on the / directory of the disk so I think you'll either have to add it to the iso before you burn the multisession disk, or somehow add it while you're running Puppy from the CD, then remaster and burn a multisession disk with the remastered iso. The second one probably won't work, so I'd first try adding it to the iso with ISO master.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Also, did you see this and this?